Thursday, September 2, 2010

Adhesives!!


Hi everyone. Thought I would say a few things about adhesives. I just started using the message board a few months ago. (Even though I was a member for a year before.) I didn't really understand how it worked. Anyway, when I did start reading the MB, I heard a lot about ATG 714. So I started researching it. No one around me carried it, it had to be ordered online. I really don't like to do that, I like to walk in a store and put my hands on things. I also did not like the price. I have been on the fence for months. Well, Custom Crops offered a pink ATG with 2 rolls of tape for $30.00, preorder. I still did not jump on it. I just kept watching it and reading what others had to say about it. Then My Pink Stamper made a video about the differences of the original and the new pink one. There aren't many. This is what interested me.

1. price, a lot cheaper

2. seems to weigh a little less

3. MPS also said it seemed to work a lot smoother

4. It's a lot prettier

5. Can get the tape really cheap

I have the Glue Glider Pro. It's OK. But the glue is expensive. With the new pink ATG I can order twice as many glue rolls for half as much money as the Glue Glider. I've had the new Atg for about 2 weeks and so far I like it a lot.

I also use Zig 2-way glue for small things, as well as Scotch Quick-Dry adhesive and a small glue runner. Yesterday I picked up the Quik-stik. That should come in handy for really tiny pieces.

I just thought someone might be interested in some adhesives. Hope this helps someone.

God Bless. I'm still working on my grandson's birthday stuff.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post! I just got the Pink ATG and am getting the hang of it. I think it will be great. I had been wondering about the difference with the Glue Glider Pro, so I'm glad you mentioned it. I LOVE my Zig pen. I don't know if you work with glitter a lot, but what is a good adhesive to use so it sticks on your entire piece? I always get patches. Great info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steph, I sat on the fence for a long long time before I bought my ATG, I got the knock off at My Sheri's Crafts and she has great refill prices also

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the original ATG 714 Stephanie... I LOVE my GUN! :o) It's not for everyone and I'm glad they finally came out with a more reasonable priced one which is lighter for people... I got mine off of Ebay a long time ago for a STEAL with Adhesive rolls... So I know I got a good deal when I got mine... Refill rolls are cheaper than any other adhesive I know of.... and you are lucky to get it and enjoy it.... Because once you use it, you'll never ever want a different Adhesive GUN! LOL Ohhh and I prefer Blue to Pink sooo mine is painted a pretty Dark Blue.... Love it! :o)

    ReplyDelete