Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Situation resolved

I sent it back today. For me it just didn't live up to the hype. I think it was released too soon. The "I" carts do not layer well, in my opinion. An you can't change the color and/or pattern on all the layers on the I carts. If there is any shading or details, it gets covered up by the changes and you loose it. While I had it I wasted so much paper. You can't position where it will cut. It always starts in the upper left corner. I know it is supposed to work with the Gypsy and then you will be able to position your cuts. So why was it released before it is even able to work with the gypsy? I just thought $500.00 was a lot to pay for something that may or may not be made more usable in the future. If it's perfected, I may buy one in the future. For now I'd rather spend money on new carts for the E. We know how we love layering with them. I did make a couple of cuts to layer, wasn't impressed. As for the mats, I think this "improvement" wasn't so good. My mat was terrible. I tried the hot water and scraping the mat, but it didn't work. I'm feeling much better since I sent it back.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhh Stephanie.... I'm sorry to hear that! I'm truly sorry you didn't like your machine... but at least you tried it and found it "Not for You" right now.... I have a feeling that once it's been out on the market for awhile and the updates are done... it will be worth purchasing then... Or at least that's my hope... :o) And hopefully we can both get one at maybe a better price! LOL You know things always cost more when you first get it... then they go down in price! :o) Play with your E! Make something cool and show it off! That's the way to craft! LOL :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that they would return it for you. I thought right from the beginning that I didn't want one. Replacing the ink alone is $70 each time and then if you waste paper also. No thanks I like the layers of papers. I have seen a lot of very cute cards with it but at $500 I don't think so

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't sent mine back yet but it is going soon. I agree with everything you said about the machine. Maybe later I will re-buy but for now I will also stick with my E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry it didn't work out, Stuff. I know you were excited about it! But now that you've sent it back my brother-in-law has no leverage for that new gun I'm sure he was angling for when he told you to go ahead and buy the thing! The Lord does work in mysterious ways...maybe she is a girl after all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete