Sunday, January 9, 2011

Glad to be back!

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. My son went back home to Florida Saturday and I put my craftroom back in order. After 2 1/2 weeks without my cricut, it was hard to get in the groove. I procrastinated all day. I knew I had to make a birthday card for my SIL. (whose b-day is today, the 9th)
I actually got it done and was going to bring it to her today, when we got word that her MIL passed away this morning. I was very glad I had not mailed it for her to get tomorrow. Now we will wait several days for her b-day. It's hard when a loved one dies on your b-day. My FIL died the day before mine 10 yrs ago and I had a nephew die on my b-day a couple of years ago. You never forget.

Anyway, here's her birthday card. I hope to get back to creating (daily, I hope) Thanks for being patient with me. My holidays were mixed with some very personal sadness for me. Right now I still can't write about it, too fresh.

4 comments:

  1. Nice to have you back. Beautiful card! Take care and Happy New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Steph. Hugs and prayers for you and SIL. Glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I check back often Steph! :o) The card you made is BEAUTIFUL and I'm sorry for your SIL loss... My prayers go out to her and you..... HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card. What cart did you use? I'm sorry for your SIL loss... My prayers go out to her and you..... HUGS!
    cowbelleru@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete