Thursday, January 27, 2011

Good morning

I'm so glad you can't hear me. If you did you'd want to wear a mask (germs) for protection just to read this post. lol  I think my sinus problems are adding an old-fashioned cold into the mix. This crazy weather, 30's at night and near 70 during the day, and every few days we get horrible rain.YUCK!!!  The other day I ran into an old high school friend who has not had a very good year. She's had 2 big surgeries (back and neck) and also survived a very bad infection. She's finally getting out a little and standing straight for the first time in months. She's in the nursing field and had to retire for health reasons.Now she's getting bored. (she always worked ) Of course I told her she should get into scrapbooking and cardmaking. (sweet of me, huh?)
So anyway, I wanted to send her a card.

I used Paper Lace for the sentiment cut at 2 7/8" and Straight from the Nest for the flower cut at 3". Thanks for looking a d God Bless you all. Stephanie

10 comments:

  1. HOW SWEET OF YOU WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CARD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Pretty Card Steph! And I would do the same thing! You gotta do some enabling when you can! LOL That's how my Mom and Sister got started.... a little help from me! :o) I hope you can go visit with her and show her a few things... it may help her feel better that she is doing something good after all her troubles... Maybe even suggest she make them for the hospital... :o) And I hope you start feeling better soon my friend! And 70 during the day.... WoW I wish I had weather like that! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How incredibly sweet of you. What a beautiful card. I hope you are feeling better soon!


    Shawnee
    http://quiverofangels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. She will be impressed with this beautiful card. The inside is as beautiful as the outside. Keep on fighting that cold!
    Thanks for the inspiration,
    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card - i am sure your friend will appreciate it!! I am a nurse too and understand the need to be at maximum health!
    https://shawnsfiresidecraftingroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, so pretty. I love the colors. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and I know your friend will agree! It is very sweet of you to think of her, especially when you are feeling bad yourself. I think I must have the same cold as you...tired of feeling yucky! Feel better soon!!
    Tanya - Nonna's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so bright and fun! Love the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking at the other comments, I almost hate to say it, but what a beautiful card ;- ) I guess that makes it unanimous. I'm sure your card will brighten her day and lift her heart. Thanks for sharing and get better soon.

    ReplyDelete