Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Good morning everyone

Thanks so much for all you prayers. My last post was the morning of Feb. 21st. Sunday, the 20th, we moved mom to a hospice. She died the night of the 21st. She had such a hard time the 3 weeks she was hospitalized that it was a blessing for her. She has wanted this for the last 5 1/2 years since my dad died. We're just glad she is at peace. Things will have to be a little different from now on. We won't be able to go back "home" for holidays but the 5 of us will stick together and create new ways to celebrate. It will work out, just be very different. So thanks very much for all your concern.
On a lighter note, we have found some wonderful old pictures and cards etc . Some we had never seen. My mom was a keeper of "things".  She hung onto everything. She even had a card I made 1974 or 75, quite possibly the very first one. I had my first 2 boys at that time, that's how I can figure a date. My sisters thought I should post my beginning card. There's quite a bit of difference between then and now. I was in my mid twenties then. Never thought anyone else would ever see this card, but here it is. I only had notebook paper and a few markers. Very simple. I think I have improved a little.

Thank you so much for looking. I plan to post often from now on. Hopefully things will settle down a little and I won't have to be away from the house so much. God Bless you all and I hope your day is wonderful. Stephanie

7 comments:

  1. Oh Stephanie, so sorry to hear about your mom. I lost my dad 4 years ago and I understand how you feel. I think God gives us a peaceful feeling when we realize that our loved one is no longer in pain and no longer suffering. Doesn't it make you feel wonderful to know she saved things like your card? My dad had a box full of cards and letters and little things I had no ideal he had kept over the years. Special memories and lets you know how much you were loved.
    Hugs to you,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh Steph... I'm sooooo sorry to hear about your mom.... I'm sure she is dancing with your dad right now.... :o) Your very first card! WOW... and she kept it.... it's BEAUTIFUL and yes you've come along ways.... :o) She must have adored everything you made her.... How special is that! HUGS going your way and I hope to see your creative side back again very soon! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to read about the loss of your mom...what an amazing story to share with us. She obviously loved you a lot to keep your card for this many years, what an amazing gift.

    Hugs being sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie, so sorry to hear about your mom.
    How wonderful that she kept so many of her treasures! Now these will be your treasured memories too.
    Love and hugs,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! Thanks so much for stopping by the Spring Fever Blog Hop - I hope you enjoyed looking around! I am happy to be your newest follower!

    Jillian
    jillianbeancrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. "You've come a long way, Baby!"

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, to hear about your mom, Stephanie. I'm sure your family will find joy in the memories and love and I pray you have strength for the times the sadness overwhelms you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete