Tuesday, April 12, 2011

FYI

Hi. No project just yet. Just a little tidbit.
Since my mom died we have had to do a lot of things we've never done before. It can be very overwhelming.
But there seems to be a very common thing among the widows I know. They don't get their utilities and other bills put in their names.My dad died in "04. It makes it hard to discontinue utilities like the phone service and it's hard to cash any refund checks.
The one thing she did that has helped is put me on her bank account. At least I can write checks for the bills we have to keep paying till things are settled and we can sell the house.
Just thought this might help someone in the future. Hope it does.
Thanks for looking and God Bless you all. Hugs, Stephanie

2 comments:

  1. These lingering things can be so difficult, and yet, once it is all settled, there is a renewed sense of loss. When I finally sold my Dad's mobile home a year after his death, the grief hit me even harder than in the year before. It was the last thing I needed to do for him; that kept him near me. Anyway, sorry to go on, and sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my so many losses of Moms lately, I know how much work it is to settle all this stuff, that is what I did when I worked. Sorry for your loss you are in my prayers

    ReplyDelete