Saturday, April 16, 2011

This may help you, too!

I hope everyone is well today. This is not a card or project post. This is a little info story.
Thursday I bought 3 of the newest carts at Michaels. (Elegant Edges, Damask Decor and Everyday Pop-ups) When I got home Elegant Edges (EE) would not link to my Gypsy. I emailed PC. I got an answer that afternoon to call them the next day.
We tried a couple of things over the phone and it didn't work. She said they would have to send me  a new one.
 Okay to the point of this story. I had to register the bad cartridge in my account with cricut.com to be able to get a new one. I started out registering my carts but then I got my Gypsy and thought it was the same thing to link them. Well, it isn't. It's really 2 separate things and you need to do both.
So instead of creating, I have been entering ALL my cartridges in my Cricut account. Now if anything happens to my Gypsy there is a record of the carts I have.
This took a lot of time but now I'm a lot better off if I have a Gypsy problem.
If you haven't registered with cricut.com I urge you to do so.
I've got a busy day with my grandson. Visit the Easter bunny at Walmart this morning and a birthday party for his cousin this afternoon. So after I get the gift this morning I have to make a card and gift bag for the party. Then there is the usual, laundry, lunch and I have to get dressed. So when am I gonna get to "play?"
Thanks for stopping by. God Bless you all. Hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Stephanie

2 comments:

  1. You mean to tell me you didn't register your cartridges Stephanie! Shame on you! LOL That is the very first thing I do when I take a cartridge out of the clam shell..... Then I register my rewards points and then I test out my cartridge... I had one of my Imagine cartridges not work.... I got it from Cricut.com and could not wait to make a baby card with it (Nursery Tails)as soon as I registered it and got the rewards points I tried to use it and it would not work no matter what I did... I was able to call PC right after trying 4 or 5 times and they said to just throw it away and I'll get a new one sent and they did and I got it within a week..... It worked and I was able to register that one too and I made my baby card! Hope you get your cartridge real soon and sorry you had some trouble... But make sure you make a habit of registering first then try it out.... it will help you in the long run! :o) Have a FUN weekend! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up. I've registered my cartridges on the rewards page but I don't think I've registered them anywhere else. All my cartridges linked to my Gypsy just fine.

    ReplyDelete