Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bits & Pieces

I haven't been able to post lately. I also haven't been able to craft either. We are still going through things at my moms. We are trying to get all personal things disposed of before the sell. So much stuff. We thought we had shredded all the paper work with vital info on it. We found some big plastic bins which we thought had just memories in them, but guess what? It was more papers. Financial, bills, insurance etc. It all has to be gone through and shredded. It seems everyday we find something else.  So many of the older papers have their SSN on them. It's just so overwhelming.
Anyway the point of this post (there really IS a point) is not to leave all the outdated paperwork for your kids to deal with. It would have been so nice if my mom had gone through all the OLD papers when she was sitting and not able to do much else. My dad died in "04 and there was all the papers from his years of illness. Medicare, insurance, doctors, hospitals, surgeries, therapy, everything pertaining to him. It's just too much.
So if possible, do your family a favor and don't keep 40+ years of papers.
I hope this helps someone. God Bless you all. Hugs, Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking of you, I'm sorry you're having to deal with it. I understand the difficulty. My Dad didn't have a ton of papers but I still have boxes at my house to go through. It is hard to see his writing-I'm sure you feel that too. That is such good advice too-my DH and I are trying to de-paper our office.

    ReplyDelete