Saturday, May 7, 2011

National Scrapbooking Day! Yippee!

I would love to spend the day with my Cricut and computer but, alas, life gets in the way. I'm cooking for Mother's Day tomorrow and today is prep day and back to the store to get the things I forgot yesterday.  I can't seem to get everything in one trip or at one store. But every free minute I will be back here in my "cricut cave".
I haven't used my cricut in a week but I did design a couple of b-day cards for my sisters in DS and the last 2 days I created a Kusudama ball. I never heard of this before either so it caught my attention.
I subscribe to lots of different blogs and I read there posts while drinking my coffee every morning. That's how I wake up each day.
Anyway, a couple of days Bobby Jo at Sweet Sassy Diva posted this project, a flower ball. It's folded paper glued together to make 5 petal flowers. You use 60 3" squares all folded into petals, 5 petals to a flower and you make 12 flowers. Not hard but takes a good bit of time.
This is the site for the tutorial http://foldingtrees.com/2008/11/kusudama-tutorial-part-1 . When you read it there is a link to click for part 2 that shows how to put it together. I made one for my mother-in-law for tomorrow. (she's such a peach) I think she will like it.
I really want to remember this for the holidays. I think they would be beautiful for Christmas and great for showers.
OK here's the picture, hope you like it.
Thanks for looking and have a great Mother's Day. god Bless you all. Hugs, Stephanie

4 comments:

  1. This ball is really beautiful, love the colors.
    I wish you a wonderful day tomorrow too.
    LG
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Stephanie,this ball is amazing.I am sure your MIL will love it.Thanks for the link as I think I would love to attempt this for Christmas.TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH WOWZER Steph! This turned out Gorgeous!!!! And yes I can sooooo see it for the holidays... very pretty indeed! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty - the dotted papers are cute! Thanks for leaving your comment with the links!

    ReplyDelete