Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Diamond fold card (thanx - Peggy)

Good morning all.  It's been a few days. I haven't posted but I did get a 2 page layout for my grandsons 1st day of school. made. This was my first time to make a LO before I took the pics so I don't know when it will be posted. The first day of school is Aug. 22. But today I have a card, a very easy card, thanks to a great tutorial.
One of my favorite blogs to visit is a mother/daughter team, Peggy and Donna. Their blog is Daily Grace Creations and they both do fabulous work. They also love to share. Today they both had a post. Donna has a very cute purse and matching notecards (which I also want to do)and Peggy's is the diamond fold card. She has a wonderful tutorial to go along with the beautiful card. It looked quick and easy so I had to try. It really was easy but the results are stunning.
Here's my recipe: I used Flower Shoppe and Straight From the Nest
Flower Shoppe - mum 4 cut @ 2.06 x 1.98
                           mum 2 cut @ 1.63 x 1.98
                           mum 3 cut 12 @ .38 X 1.51
                           sunflower 1 cut @ 2.21 x 1.98
                           leaves - fun 5 cut @ 1.03 x 1.51
Straight From the Nest - flourish 2 cut at3.50 x 1.35, cut 2 and flip 1
I added a little bling and glimmer mist.
Thanks again for such a great tutorial, Peggy.
Thank you all for looking and any comments. God bless and hugs, Stephanie

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty diamond fold card! Love the pretty flower and papers! Gee! I do not have either of those cartridges--more to add to my list!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, your card is gorgeous. I love the flower and the paper you used. I just go my Flower Shoppe but haven't had a chance to use it. Thanks for the inspiration. Great job on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Stephanie,adorable flower.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply GORGEOUS Stephanie! I love the colors, flowers.... the whole darn thing! :o)

    ReplyDelete