Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hello, Saturday

Hi, everyone. I hope your having a great day. If you'\re on the east coast, I hope you are safe and secure. If you're in this drought I hope you are keeping cool. We are definitely in the drought section. It is so HOT!!!
We had a flag football game today and for the next 10 saturdays. (8 & 9 year olds)  It sdtarted at 1:00 and ended at 2:30 PM. It was sweltering. The only thing to get me out in this heat is to watch one of my grandsons.  I actually made a card this morning and I'm glad I didn't wait until after the game. I don't know that I could think clearly enough.
This card is for a longtime family friend, I even went through high school with her daughter. She fell and broke her neck in May and I just found out about it.She was with her husband at the hospital having some tests done when she fell. She is up and walking around now but she will not be able to turn her head. I thought I would send her a few cards so she will know we are thinking about her. This wll be the first one.
Here is the recipe:
Botanicals Lite - card feature cut @ 7.87 x 4.3, flower layer cut 3 times @ 3.09 x 4.30
Home Accents - flourish cut @ 3.06 x .65
The card measures 4 1/4 x 3 3/4. I cut one of the flowers green and one of them pink then pieced the flower on the card and glittered it. I also glittered the pink flourish. The stamp on the front is one I've had and the sentiment inside is computer generated. I made this card in less than 50 minutes start to finish. That is fast for me.

Thanks for looking, God bless and hugs, Stephanie

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I'm sure your friend will love it. Praying she recovers well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Such an Elegant card Steph! Sooo Pretty! I wish I could get a card made that fast! hahaha Sometimes when I think a card is gonna be quick it ends up taking me 2x's longer! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a blog award for you. Jump over to my blog to get it.

    Peggy T.
    http://dailygracecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie, this is AMAZING! I love the colors you chose and all of the glitter! Love how you used the computer for the sentiments too! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Stephanie
    I have an award for you on my blog.
    Jayne
    http://jayne-designs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete