Monday, August 22, 2011

Just Monday

Hello. I haven't been crafting lately. Not a block, just couldn't concentrate.
You see my cousin lost her only child, a son, in a motorcycle accident last Wednesday. He was only 29, with a wife and 3 year old little boy. We've just all been numb. This happened in Pennsylvania and they are flying him back to Texas for a funeral Friday.
We are giving crosses to his mom, wife, aunt and grandmother. I volunteered to make the cards.
I'm posting the card because sometimes it is so hard to make these when it is personal.  This card is very simple but elegant and not too fussy.
The size is 3 1/2" x 4" and I used a MS punch on the bottom. The cross is from Wedding cart cut at 2.07 x 2.76 and I added the pearls and a simple stamp on the inside.
So maybe the next time you have to make a very hard sympathy card you will remember this simple one and it will help.

Thanks for looking and God bless you all. Hugs Stephanie

4 comments:

  1. That is beautiful Stephanie. I know what you mean-I have been trying to make one for the family of my 40 yr old cousin who passed away on the 14th. She had a 13 yo son and a husband. It is so hard. Prayers are with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Simple yet elegant for a sad occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Stephanie.... I'm sooooo sorry about your cousins loss.... I can't even imagine how difficult it must be for the wife.... My prayers go out to your family.... Your card looks so simple and yet so elegant... HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is beautiful. I am so sorry for your loss. Losing someone so young never makes any sense. My heart goes out to all those impacted by this tragedy.

    ReplyDelete