Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Labor Day

Hope everyone is having a great Monday. It's 8:00 in the morning and the sun is not shining for the second day in a row. This is a good thing as I am in southeast Texas and any relief from the sun is appreciated. Saturday it even rained most of the day. So nice not to be at 100 everyday.  I hope anyone in the northeast is safe and not having to deal with the floods.
Onto the card. We have a niece who has been looking for a job in her field, ultrasound, for a while. Well last month she got a really good one and gets really great benefits. We are so proud of her. I know it seems I'm late making her a card but I did not know about the job until last week when we were all at the hospital with my MIL. (her grandmother)
Anyway I've had these bits and pieces laying around my table and I finally put them together to make this card. I don't have any measurements. I used a MS punch for the butterflies, two different flowers put together with some Sizzix petals from a punch on top of doilies, a piece of embossed paper that I chalked and another MS punch on the inside. It was all scraps that I loved.
Thanks for looking. I hope she likes it and you too.

God bless and hugs, Stephanie

5 comments:

  1. Your bits and pieces are a gorgeous card!
    Love the flower! I need to use more of my bits and pieces!
    Have a great day!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I love the flower and the corner punch inside. I am sure she will be thrilled to receive it and your heart-felt congrats.

    Thanks for the inspiration,
    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That is SOOOOOO PRETTY! I LOVE the doily, and that FLOWER!!! WOWWZER!!! You made a fabulous card Stephanie.... Your niece is gonna love it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie! This is just breathtaking! Love, Love, Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Stephanie and I love how you always make the inside so beautiful too.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete