Friday, November 11, 2011

Change of pace

Hope everyone has had a nice Friday.  I am relaxing. I did get a card made today.
My BIL lost a very close cousin to cancer this week. Sympathy cards are always hard to do, but this one took me less than an hour.
I used a sketch. This sketch is from Mojo Monday and it really helped. So I'm going to enter in their challenge.
Next time I need a sympathy card I just might look for a sketch.
Here's the recipe:
This is a 5 x 5 card.
George - circle cut at 3.47, small rectangle cut at .94
Easter 2010 - cross cut at 4.29
Beyond Birthdays - dove cut at 1.71
I also used a little glitter and some embossing with the Cuttlebug.

Thanks for looking. God bless and hugs, Stephanie

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. Love the colors and everything is so clean and cheerful, even though it's a sympathy card. They can be so difficult sometimes to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW Stephanie! This is simply Beautiful! I know sympathy cards are difficult to make but you always seem to make them just right and oh so beautiful! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry, for the loss in your family (extended.) The difficulty I always have is what to write inside the card. Words can seem so inadequate. Your card is very lovely and I'm sure the fact the you made it is especially appreciated by your BIL. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie, this is so beautiful. I'm sure it will bring comfort to your BIL. I've got to make one for a cousin who has lost a son. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, beautiful card Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete