Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

Good morning everyone. I bet you can't believe I'm posting 2 days in a row. lol
Well I spent the weekend making 2 mini albums for Christmas presents. If you're wondering why it took so long, I'll tell you. This was my very first minis. I didn't have a particular theme in mind (to me that makes it harder) and it took so long to pick out papers. (I can spend an hour picking paper for one card) Then there is the embellishments.
These albums are made with CDs so there can't be too much or too big of an embellishment. Anyway I finally got finished. I got the inspiration from Amy at Scrappin Mommy who posted a CD mini and tutorial last June. I know I still can't believe I held onto this for so long and was able to find the post.
Today I'm posting the first one. I used 5 cd's and covered them with paper. Then decorate.
Gypsy Wanderings - moments cut at .88
Mini Monigrams - scalloped circle cut at 3.75
EDPD lab shirt cut at 4.65
Create a Critter - firemans hat cut at 2.53
Ashlyns Alphabet - flourishes cut at 1.82, 1.24, 1.0
George circles cut at 5
punches - butterflies and flowers, 3d flowers from my stash, pearls from Michaels. buttons, glitter and ribbon all from my stash.
This is picture-heavy. Would appreciate hearing what you think or what you might change.





Thanks for looking and God bless. Stephanie

5 comments:

  1. Oh Wow Stephanie! This is breathtaking! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is amazing Stephanie.I love how you decorated it.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Stephanie! This is GORGEOUS! What stunning colors and all of your little details really share a story on their own. Once pictures are added, it's just perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed when you talked about picking the things out. I think I have the card done in my head, when I know what I'm going to do and then there's picking all the other papers and embellishments. It takes so much longer than I ever plan ;- ) Great job on your mini-album!

    ReplyDelete