Tuesday, December 13, 2011

It's about time!

Hi, all. (If there is anyone left to talk to) It's been a really stressful time, personally and emotionally. I haven't made the first Christmas card. I can't seem to focus. We sold my mom's house (one big headache gone). It also makes things so final. Moms gone, Dads gone and our childhood home is no longer ours. Dad died on 2004 but mom died last February. I don't think I'll make any cards. My heart just isn't in it. I just keep obsessing about not having made any yet. I think I'll give myself permission to let it go this year and get on with other projects.
I did make a graduation card for our niece. It's very simple but I did finish it.
I used Happy Graduation for this one. The "you did it" owl was cut at 1.94" and the Congrats sign was cut at 1.94". I also used some punched flowers and bling.
I hope you all haven't given up on me. Anyone still around to take a look, I thank you very much.
PSST...I have a layout for tomorrow. It only took me 2 weeks to finish it.

god bless. Hugs, Stephanie

5 comments:

  1. Stephanie, you give yourself that permission to let the cards go this year! My mom died Dec. 15, 1993, and it was VERY hard for me to get into Christmas again. I didn't even put up a tree a couple of years. I really don't think I got excited about Christmas again until I had my first grandbaby. You need to take this time to do some projects that you I'm giving you permission, too! :) God bless you and comfort you and give you His grace to find strength and enjoyment again. You have really had a tough year1 Praying for you my blogger friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year was my year to let the cards go, and actually, it was kinda nice when people said they missed them! Everyone understood, as I'm sure your friends and family will. Take care of yourself and don't stress. We're here listening and sending hugs right back at you. : ) Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUG..Stephanie that's a big hug for you.
    Love your graduation card.
    Take care and try not to worry.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie, I am sending you a big hug and praying that you will find a bit of joy and comfort this Christmas. It's totally ok to be in a bit of a funk considering the heavy heart you must have right now. Just remember this season will pass and brighter things are ahead. I think that's one of the things I love about this time of year, new beginnings are just around the corner. Your card is just beautiful, I love all of the extra time you put into it, the inside looks great (I never seem to finish the inside of mine, thanks for the inspiration:) Have a wonderful day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, I missed these post, Stephanie. I understand how it is. Years ago I miscarried in Nov. and had to do the same with cards. (Wasn't making them, just didn't feel much like sending them.) Christmas can often bring on a bit of melancholy, as we reflect on the past. In the years when the sadness isn't so close, as it is for you this year, it's easier to throw yourself into the season and all of the blessings you have and reflect on the good memories of past Christmases instead of the loss your are facing in your future Christmases (which you will still think of though.) I send you a hug and will pray for God's peace and comfort for you this holiday, even if it is a bit more subdued than usual.

    ReplyDelete