Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Niece's birthday

Good morning, everyone. Today is one of my niece's birthday. With all the boys in our family we really appreciate our nieces. On my side of the family our nieces are the only ones to have a girl. So getting to buy pink was a real pleasure. This particular niece grew up around me so I got to have a pseudo girl. So different when you have all boys. Now she is married and has 2 beautiful kids of her own.
Anyway, this is her card.
I finally found DCWV Black Currant at JoAnns. I knew this was what I wanted for her card. Here's the recipe:
MS Elegant Cake - Happy Birthday cut at 1.82
Large snowflake - Sizzix die
label - Nestie label 4 set
small snowflake - punch I've had for years
eyelash yarn behind the label on the front
This was my first time to use this yarn. A few weeks ago I won a set of My Craft Spot stamps on Bobby and Jill's blog ,Cricut Couple. These 2 are known for the their inspiration and generosity. After I received the stamps (which I love) they sent me pieces of this fantastic yarn. This stuff is so cool. I twisted 2 colors together. (fuchsia and silver) It really makes "happy" cards. Really brightened my day. I just love it. You should check out their blog.
So thank you so much for being the wonderful people you are.
Thanks for looking and leaving a comment if you like.

Hugs and God bless you all. Stephanie

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely card, Stephanie. Have a Blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Pretty paper and I love the use of the yarn with it! Snowflakes look great from the patterned paper!
    Merry Christmas!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete