Friday, December 2, 2011

Thoughtful people

Hi everyone. I'm sure your lives are as crazy as mine. I'm even having trouble creating. That's a big problem for me. My crafting is a big stress reducer for me.
I did get this thank you card made for a very sweet man. This is for my husbands, sister's, father-in-law. He lost his wife last year right after Thanksgiving. She was a great baker. My husbands favorite cake that she made was carrot cake. Several times a year she would make him a cake. Well, her husband thought he needed a cake for Thanksgiving and he made one for him. Wasn't that thoughtful?
Here's the recipe.
Gypsy Wanderings -  thanks cut at 1 1/2"
From My Kitchen - cake cut at 3 1/2"
label -  nesties and MS snowflake punch

Didn't want it to be too girly and I think I accomplished it.
Thanks for looking and god bless.
Hugs, Stephanie

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog! I really appreciate the support...I'm a new follower of yours as well! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a SWEET card! You know I had to throw in a word or two! LOL How was the cake that he made? Or did he just bring one over from the store? I thought maybe he baked it from scratch like his wife use to.... :o) I think it was really nice of him to do and nice of you to make this adorable card for him! And don't worry you'll get to crafting any time now! Me on the other hand.... ummm who knows? LOL Grand Opening went really well... thanks for the sweet
    e-mail.... :o) Let's hope the rest of the month goes just as good! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing design! I love everything about this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful. I loved your story, it really is very touching and reminds us of how the little things can mean so much. Hard to believe Christmas is almost here and my projects are no where near completed, sometimes it's so hard to make it all come together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card for a bittersweet time. I love the card and the thought behind it!

    ReplyDelete