Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Good morning! and happy Tuesday

Or maybe not so happy. Anyone else having trouble getting it together after a 3-day weekend. It's so hard after the holidays, to start getting up and ready early again. You my hubby has  vacation time during the holidays. So no alarm clocks for work or school for more than 2 weeks. Then we go back to work and school for a week and a half ...and there's a 3-day weekend. My brain is perpetually fuzzy. Ugh!
So today we're trying to get in the groove...again!
Well since my last post I have been busy. Today I will be posting a birthday card I made for my Aunt whose birthday was yesterday. I would have posted it sooner but I've had another project going on.
My nieces baby girl will be 1 next month. The theme of her party will be Paris chic in black and pinks. You know Eiffel towers, pink poodles, crowns, banners and bling. Guess who's doing all the cutting and helping her design...Me! It really is fun. As some of you know I had all boys and this niece was "my" girl. My sister let me have a little girl fun.lol So now I get to have some more through her daughter. I'll post some of her decorations later.
Now onto my card. This is for a special aunt. She really appreciates homemade cards.
I chose red, black and white for the color palate.
I used Elegant Edges for the album shape on the front cut at 4.41. Lacy Labels for the labels cut at 3.12 and 3.71. Bloom for the rectangle cut at 3.71. The flower on the inside is a nestability die and the leaves are a punch. I used a MS corner punch on the sentiment page. The stamps are from my stash and lots of red and black bling. I think she'll like it.

Thank you for looking. Hugs and God bless, Stephanie  Happy crafting.

3 comments:

  1. I know getting back into the swing of things after the holidays can be a pain! At least your not alone on that! LOL Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun creating things for your nieces 1st Birthday! I just ordered 2 of the Teresa Collins cartridges which would go perfectly with that theme! :o) Your card for your Aunt is lovely! Black, Red, white is classic and always looks elegant! Great card! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have trouble getting going too. At least your niece's birthday will make you. there is nothing like deadlines, ha ha. Love the card too. Enfys at Going Buggy is have red, white and black (grey) for a challenge and your card will fit ;- ) Have a great day, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Stephanie, this is just STUNNING! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete