Friday, January 13, 2012

Good morning!

OK, now it's Friday. I'm still moving things around . I hope I will be able to find things when I need them. There are so many things I haven't used in years simply because I didn't know where they were or forgot about them. I guess this is a  never ending quest of a crafter. Can't help it if I'm messy and forgetful.lol
This card is for my BIL. He just had neck surgery,which went fine as far as the neck goes.The problem is everything else that went wrong. He ended up coming home with a pacemaker and high blood pressure. A week after he was home, he started having chest pains and was rushed back to Houston. He has a big blood clot in his lung. So they put him on coumadin  for 6 months and sent him home. That is supposed to take care of the clot in time. Coumadin is no picnic trying to get it regulated. Like most of the men in my family he isn't the best patient.
So with lots of love and prayers he is improving. Thus, the card.
The tree is from Pooh and Friends cut at 3.71, turtle is from Noah's ABC Animals cut at 1.35, grass is from EDPD cut at .88, MS branch punch and clouds from Create a Critter, "better" is welded from Plantin Schoolbook and cut at 1.39. The labels are nesties and the sentiment is computer generated.

I think he liked it. Thanks for looking. Hugs and God bless. Stephanie

4 comments:

  1. That is an ADORABLE Card! I LOVE the scene... It's sure to make him feel better! I know cause I'm smiling just looking at it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Stephanie.Hope your BIL feels better soon,he's sure had a rough ride!
    Have a great weekend.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heart problems are so scary. My dad had a heart attack last spring. They said that they evacuated the largest clot from his heart that they had ever seen at that hospital. It was so scary. I know this card will certainly cheer him up and it couldn't be a more perfect way of giving him the best advice. Slow and steady is the right way to take things for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card and fits so perfectly, Stephanie. Love the colors for a guy card ;- ) Hope your BIL is back to normal soon. TFS.

    ReplyDelete