Friday, January 27, 2012

Happy Friday

I have a home decor project for you today. This was so much fun. I have a Valentine tree. Now the story of the tree.
I used to buy lots of decorations the day after Christmas but I quit doing that several years ago. I would only buy wrapping paper for the next year. Well, this year I didn't even go to a store for about a week after Christmas. I know, unbelievable, right? Anyway I was killing time in Walmart waiting for an appointment and I decided to see what was left in the decoration department. There was a ton of these little trees and they were 50% off which made them $4.50. So I thought, why not? There wasn't a pink one so I got white and bought hot pink little decorations for it.
 I was pretty happy with my find. But when I checked out they weren't half off...they were 75% off. So this cute little tree cost me $2.11 and the decorations were $.87 a card. So the next day I decided to go to another Walmart to try to find a pink tree. There was 1 left. It was hot pink so I bought white and silver decorations for it, same great prices. Yippee (Did I mention the trees are lighted?)
That's how I got my trees, decorations and mini tree skirts  all for less than $15.00.
For this Valentine tree I used the white one because I wanted to use a lot of hot pink to decorate with.
Now for the project.
The rosette topper is from Ribbons & Rosettes and has a diameter of 5.5 " .It is wrapped with a gold and white crochet thread.The heart and love is cut from Victorian Romance, heart cut at 3.5 and love cut at 2.1
The winged cricut heads is from Cricut Decals (on the E2) and cut at 2" and layered in green and pink.
The heart with the swirls is from Home Decor, cut at 3.24. The circle with the M is cut at 2.58. I also used pink rhinestones and lots of diamond stickles. The little pinwheels, I can't remember where I got the cut.
Now I know the circles don't scream Valentines, but I saw hot pink M & M's on a commercial and knew they were going on my tree.I know it isn't logical, but what can I say? It's just me.




I am also entering several challenges with this project.

My Sheri Crafts blog - something new - My Victorian Romance cart is new
The Paper Variety - fan fold embellishment - I used Ribbons & Rosette
Crafty Creations Challenge - ch 154 - Valentine theme
Whimsical Designs.com - love theme - home decor project
Simply Create Too - ch 5 - love is in the air

Thank you so much for visiting. What do you think of my tree?
Have a great crafty weekend. Hugs and God bless, Stephanie

14 comments:

  1. This is very pretty! What a great bargain you got on the set up. Thank you for joining us at Whimsical Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project is just too cute! I just love it! What a great deal you found too! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful project! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tree Stephanie.The rosette is awesome and I love the hot pink.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome idea and such a bargain....who could resist? Thank you for joining us at The Paper Variety.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great walmart steal :) what a fun tree thanks for sharing with us at whimwednesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute, you great bargain hunter you. Logical, have you looked at half or more of the decorations on any Christmas tree? What do they have to do with Christmas anyway, hmmmm? So your pink M&M are just perfectly fine and don't let anyone tell you otherwise ;- ) Have a wonderful weekend, Stephanie. Wonder if there are any trees left?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grfeat job! What a great find. Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an AWESOME Deal! And the tree looks FABULOUS! I LOVE how you made all the decorations for it..... The rosette looks wonderful as the topper! Such a CUTE idea Stephanie! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how fun! What a unique project idea! Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous tree! What a great buy! Love the rosette and hearts! Cricut heads are so cute! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri Crafts!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh how cute and clever is that?.. loving all those little cricut cuts (cause I'm a huge fan of mr.cricut)..LOL
    thnx for joining us over at Whimsical Wednesdays.
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fab! I love all the little cricuts. TFS :)
    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute!
    Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete