Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hello

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'm trying to get my house back in order. My son went back to Florida yesterday after a 2 week visit. We so enjoyed it.
He actually got my hubby to do something I've been wanting done for years. Our grandson got a new XBOX 360 Kinect for Christmas. Thank goodness my son knows how to set these things up. The problem was, the parts that need to be read to set up the games was so small on the 27" TV we could barely read it.
My son said, "Dad he really needs a bigger screen to play these games."  This also meant we had to get rid of the home made shelving unit that held the TV and various books and toys. This made me very happy as I hated the thing and wanted to get rid of a lot of stuff. So the day after Christmas they went out and bought a 42" flat screen and media center to hold up the TV and with shelves for the Wii, XBOX, DVD player and all the games .
He has lots of toys and I have to remove them when my son comes to make room for the blow-up bed. It's not as bad as it sounds. It is a queen size about 3 feet off the floor and it's made so that it can't tilt when you turn over. It's very comfortable.
Anyway we started going through his toys and he wanted to give a lot of them to Goodwill. I bought these 2 carts from Walmart with 3 big drawers  and we started filling them up. This morning we finished going through the big rubbermaid bins I put in the garage  with toys. There was 3 of them. He gave away so much, things he really hasn't played with in a couple of years. So now it is all easy for him to get to and it is neat. He loves it and I do too.
Now I have to tackle my craft room. That won't be so easy. I actually hope to craft a little too. I haven't been able to for about 3 weeks. I'm having withdrawals!
 Thanks so much for visiting. Hugs and God bless. Stephanie

2 comments:

  1. What a lucky little boy! A 42" TV! I only got my kids the 32" one! They also have an Xbox & Wii! But personally I think it's big enough! LOL
    It looks very organized and it's nice that your grandson was ok with donating his toys.... I'm sure some other children will really appreciate it! Now get your craft room cleaned so I can see some cool creations my friend! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Stephanie, what a wonderful story! Isn't it funny how we can clean things out pretty easily from another room in our house, but can't seem to tone it down in the craft room? Hee! Hee! I think they call that hoarding. Hee! Hee! I really need to clean some things out of ours. Mainly things from crafts other than paper crafting. I just don't seem to do the other things anymore, but the scary thing is thinking about getting back into an old craft and not having the stuff anymore. You know? What's your excuse. I need to come up with a better one I think. Hee! Hee!

    ReplyDelete