Friday, February 17, 2012

Happy Friday

I am so glad it's Friday. I'm hoping for a very leisurely Saturday morning. I don't think we have to be anywhere. The weather is supposed to be awful.
I would like to mention that we have a few new followers this week. You are so welcome and I hope you enjoy visiting from time to time.
 Todays post is a little different. I told you all how my grandsons school is always celebrating something. Well they celebrated the 100th day of school. You know, 100 days smarter. I don't know how that got started. (None of these things took place when my kids were in the same school.)  Anyway they spent more than a week getting ready for this. We had to "attach" 100 things to a t-shirt for the kids to wear on that Friday. That was the only instructions.
For 3 or 4 hours the Sunday before I tried to find "things" to put on a shirt.  The stuff couldn't be too big, kindergarteners shirts aren't very big. They couldn't be too heavy. (tear the shirt and the kids had to be able to move)  I couldn't believe this was so hard.
Finally it hit me...I have lots of shaped buttons. Yea!
So we have buttons, foam letters, picture of Sonic the Hedgehog (He loves him), some cricut cuts. He liked it and there was 100 things on the shirt.
So that's what these pics are all about. Are your schools doing any of these "extra" things?


Thanks for looking. Hugs and lots of crafty goodness sent your way. God bless, Stephanie

6 comments:

  1. My granddaughters go to the same school I did and they had the same 100 day celebrations. Kindergarten and 1st grade they had to take 100 things to school to display on the gym floor during the assembly and "Zero Hero" made an appearance. 2nd grade we had to put 100 things on a shirt to wear. Seems like there's always something, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that is an awesome shirt! You did a wonderful job! I was a really fat kid, so my shirt would have been really easy. Hee! Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMHECK!! That is soooo sooo CUTE Stephanie! He looks good in that shirt! :o) I've heard of celebrating 100 days at school but not like this! LOL Way to go, getting all creative and stuff! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think the 100 day thing is a fairly new concept. never had it when i was in school. this is my first year teaching in the public school system and we did like 100 number activity in class. Lol, the 100 things on your shirt thing sounds pretty fun though. :) and thank you for hopping along with us during carri's birthday hop and becoming my newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our school does 100 days too! This was so clever! Cute, cute, cute! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I will throw your name in twice too! : ) Have a great day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if we 'invent' these celebrations because, at least in my school, we can't celebrate Christmas, Halloween, Easter etc? I do LOVE the 100th day and may have to borrow your cute 100 things on a T-shirt idea for next year! TFS Christine

    ReplyDelete