Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day

Hope everyone gets what they want. I am ordering TBBM2, yea me! I didn't make many "V" cards this year.
I made one for my husband  and one for my grandson to give him.  I also did mailboxes for my 3 young grandsons and some Reeses treat holders for my boys and DIL.
My GS was very excited to bring "V" to school today. He couldn't wait to give his teacher the one I made for her.
So that's what I'm going to show you today. I made this rosette for another project but it came out so big. I made it at 5" like the cartridge said. They come out 5" in diameter and the folds are 1/2" deep. That is too big for my tastes. So it sat around on my desk for days.
I can't stand to waste a cut so I found a way to use it for his teacher. I used a cut from the new cart, Victorian Romance. I actually had to do things manually  because it isn't on my "G" yet. I'm so spoiled. I also used a doily as a background for the little clown cut. I attached this to a treat holder and on the back I used a sizzix die for the tag with part of a doily and punched hearts. The treat is a bag of Hershey Drops. (My new fav)

Thanks for looking. Hugs and God bless, Stephanie.

5 comments:

  1. Just Gorgeous! What a wonderful project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! That turned out lovely! Lucky for you, you had it cut already! tehehehehe.... I thought I would love the ribbons and rosette cartridge, but it makes such BIG rosettes... I like to see them in all types of sizes.. ya know.... Glad you were able to use it on something nice for the teacher! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely and the colour combo is great.
    I've ordered the TBBM2 too! I know it'll take a couple of weeks to get here but so pleased to find somebody who ships to the UK!!
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out super cute! I love those staples you used. Such a nice attention to detail. Thanks for hopping along today!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love the rosette! I agree that some of the rosette cuts are so big but you found a lovely way to use your cut!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete