Sunday, March 25, 2012

Birthday - Lee

Hi, all. It's been a very busy week, a little crafting but not so much posting. Hubby had tests and an ultrasound for stomach pain...no results yet. And yesterday I fell. What fun.
Anyway today I'm posting.
A dear family friend is having a birthday next month. He's had a hard year with cancer treatments. Right now he's doing well. He will be 84. I did not want a "sappy" sentimental card. I wanted it to be a fun card.
I used the Just a Note cartridge loaded on the E2. I haven't used this cart much because it couldn't work with my gypsy. Well...now the E2 and the Gypsy work together. Yippee!!!
I used the card feature  Celebrate for this one. The card and all it's layers are cut at 5.05. All the paper is DCWV Celebration stack. The embellishments are from the paper stack and a couple of nesties for the labels.I hope he likes it and lifts his spirits. Now to think of a gift for an 84 year old man.


Thanks for visiting. Hugs and God bless. Stephanie

5 comments:

  1. Hey there!
    I hope this is a good place to come and answer your question...this is Leah from Stuck on U Sketches! Hi! Ok, LOL, so as far as I know we only have followers via the blog thing but let me talk to the more technically savvy co-leaders and see about adding an email subscription on there! Thank you for that suggestion! Also, take a peek when you go to comment on the blog and see if they have subscribe by email at the bottom of that comment area.
    And please, let me know if you have any other questions, ok?
    mrsbealash AT aol DOT com

    ~Leah

    p.s. your projects are SO cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card - hope all goes well with your husband's test and I hope you did not hurt yourself tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is FANTASTIC!!! I love all the layers and directions! It's so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Stephanie,love the shape.Hope you and hubby are ok.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firstly, hope they are able to get answers for you husband and he is ok. Secondly, hope you are ok ( you know your older when you what to nap and really older when you start to worry about falling, ha ha - me too ;- ) Finally, Love the card! I don't have that cart, but love when they have card features! they make cutting more interesting shaped cards soooo easy ;- ) Love how you used the papers and layers. Lot's of interest, Stephanie. Your cards are a delight for the eye! Have a creative week.

    ReplyDelete