Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring and scallops

Good morning all. Hope you are all well. I'm waiting on some really bad weather that may be here by noon. We could get 2 to 4" of rain. We really don't need it anymore. Just hoping there isn't any flooding. OK now onto the reason for this post.
Yesterday I was playing around with a MS all over the page punch. I bought it months ago and never used it. If you can believe that. lol
Later I was reading emails and saw that The Craft Spot had a new challenge, #49, Spring and scallops. This particular punch had scalloped circle leftovers. Perfect for this challenge, right?
So I put them together to make a caterpillar with a Peachy Keen face stamp. The word Spring is from Stretch Your Imagination cut at 1.71. A MS punch around the page set made the label for the word Spring, some doodling, inking and a yellow butterfly button make up the front of this card.
Caterpillars make cocoons which turn into butterflies. What could be more spring than that?
On the inside I used a butterfly from Home Decor cut at 1.59 and the star with the tail was cut at 2.41. I cut those apart to use them. Added glitter. a sentiment stamp, MS flower punch and buttons.

Thanks so much for visiting. Love reading your comments. Hugs and God bless. Stephanie

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet spring time card! I love that adorable little face and the inside of your card is just as pretty as the outside...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a CUTE card Stephanie! And I just got that same MS PUNCH! :o) I've been wanting it forever and finally got it when I went to Grand Junction last week! Can't wait to try it out! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card, Stephanie and what a creative way to make the caterpillar. Hope you did well through your weather and praying that there are blue skies ahead for you ;- ) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is this?!? Inside and out... perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete