Wednesday, April 4, 2012

42 years and a Thank you

Hi, all. I have 2 matters of business today. Today is my 42nd wedding anniversary and I won "card of the week" at Die Cuttin Divas.  It was a very fun challenge,3 R's-rosettes, ribbon and rhinestones. I want to thank Georgiana very much for picking me. You should visit her and the DT at http://diecuttindivas.blogspot.com for some fun challenges. The next one is a sketch challenge. Thanks again Georgiana.
Now the anniversary part of this post. The last few years I seem to make my hubby a couple of cards for our anniversary. This is the one I made sure he would get at work.  This was one of those that started to form in my mind and I just couldn't let it go. It had to be  a card.
My grandson asked me who my favorite "super hero" was when I was a kid. I explained to him we didn't have many cartoons and they were only on TV on Saturday mornings for a couple of hours. But we did have one "hero".He was a flying mouse, Mighty Mouse!
My hubby's nickname is "Bird". It was given to him when he was a small boy and it has stuck with him. We met when we were 12 so that's what I have always called him.
Well I started thinking about Mighty Mouse and remembered the bird "super hero" on 3 Birds on Parade.
When Mighty Mouse was going to save Penelope Pitstop from Oilcan Harry he would sing, "Here I come to save the Dayyyy!" And he would always win.
So that's how this card came to be.
Recipe:
3 Birds on Parade - super hero bird cut at 1.82, small bird shadow cut at 1.0, and my hero cut at 2.87
Cricut Essentials - heart cut at 1.7
Sentiments - me and the computer, glitter, inking, punches and buttons

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed  my card. Hugs and God bless.

6 comments:

  1. Such a cute card Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Such a cute card--love your story about the card. He should love it! You did a great job!
    Congrats again on the Die Cuttin' Divas win!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO cool! Hee! Hee! I love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWWWEEEE! Such a CUTE story and a SWEET card! 42 years... WOW!!! I'm only hitting the 20 yr. mark this Oct. sooo I know I got nothin' on you! :o) Happy, Happy Anniversary Stephanie! I hope you 2 have a wonderful day! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was catching up on some e-mails I missed last week and ran across this one of yours. First congrats on your win! Second, what fun is that card. I bet it really put a smile on your hubby's face. I remember Mighty Mouse, but I don't think I would have remembered Oilcan Harry, until I read it, ha ha. Belated congratulations on your 42 anniversary. How wonderful!!! Have a creative and special week ;- )

    ReplyDelete