Sunday, April 22, 2012

Flower candle holder

Hi. I hope you are all having a great weekend. I haven't had much chance to craft.We had a baby shower and a birthday party yesterday. In between we were looking at vehicles. It is exhausting trying to absorb all the information, but I'm learning what I like and don't like. I also never used to speak up when I didn't like something, but not anymore! I have finally found my voice. I've learned to tell the salesman right away when he is trying to steer me to something I don't want.
Oh well enough of this. I'm not looking forward to the next car shopping expedition.
I did make a paper flower. What a surprise! lol
Someone on the MB posted about making life size roses. I can't remember who it was, sorry.  I tracked back about 20 pages and couldn't find the post.  Anyway I decided to try it.
This flower is from Flower Shoppe, Fun 1 cut at 10.56. The leaves are Fun 5 cut at 3.5. I have trouble making these spiral flowers so big. I really wanted the center smaller and next time I will start the rolling smaller.
So I decided to turn it int o a candlestick holder. Of course, it will have to be a battery operated one but I think it's a pretty good idea. You could make them for all occasions and holidays and they wouldn't cost a fortune.
You could decorate for anything with all the beautiful papers we have to choose from.
Take a look and let me know what you think.
This post is linked up at Pink by Design, Sarah Hamer Designs link up Tuesday

Thanks for visiting. And may we all get more crafting time. Hugs and God bless. Stephanie

7 comments:

  1. What a WONDERFUL idea! This makes such an amazing holder. You are SO CLEVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea Stephanie.It looks so pretty.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the car shopping gets better for ya Stephanie! I HATE shopping for a car.... Now I just shop at CarMax... Less hassel than a regular dealership! :o) I do however LOVE your rose! That looks sooooo pretty and professional! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great idea. Loved how. That turned out. Good luck car shopping too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turned out lovely, Stephanie. Such a pretty idea. I haven't gotten this cart yet, but have been thinking about it. I haven't been crafting lately. Hope to get back to it soon. Have a Blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous flower!! Love the idea!

    ReplyDelete