Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Good afternoon

Hi, all. Hope today is a good day.
Yesterday my husband  had surgery.  It was outpatient but there is still a lot of pain. His bicep had to be reattached. So he's pretty helpless right now. We had to be at the hospital at 6AM and once there I could not leave. That's fine except my grandson has to be at school at 8.
My neighbor and wonderful BFF offered to have him spend the night and get him to school . What a life saver she and her husband were.
I wanted to make her a little "thank you." I decided to make the basket and strawberries on the Spring Cottage cartridge. It came out pretty cute.
The basket was cut at 8 1/2 " and the strawberries were cut at 3 1/4"/  I added Hershey Kisses for a treat. This size strawberry will hold 2 "kisses". I filled the basket with shreds and loose "kisses". Then put 2 in each of the 5 strawberries.
I added some embellishments using Stampability dies, a tag and a little bow.
She loved it. That's the first time I made her a little surprise like this one.

Thanks so much for looking. Hugs and God bless. Stephanie

10 comments:

  1. Oh Stephanie that is wonderful. I love the plaid paper you chose for the strawberry leaves. What a thoughtful gift. I hope your hubby recovers quickly and I can only image the pain he must be having
    Hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!They are adorable!Your neighbor will love it!I pray for a quick recovery for your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love those strawberries!! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is awesome, I am sure she appreciated your thoughtfulness, hope dh is on the mend quickly and pain free. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, this is adorable!! I'm sure she was happy with this little cute surprise!! I hope that you DH is on the mend and feeling pain free soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable! Love those little strawberries! I haven't paid any attention to this cartridge, but you have my attention now. So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll add your husband to my prayer list. Just the thought of his surgery made me cringe. Aren't the people God puts in our life a wonderful blessing ;- ) Love how the basket turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, I love this project!!! I know she'll appreciate receiving such a wonderful gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear your hubby is doing ok... And it was sooo sweet of your BFF to help out with your grandson... You made such a wonderful basket for them..... :O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is just super, love the little creation lol...was it a template may I ask or your clever creation. Great to read you are on the BBTB2 team....love annie♥

    ReplyDelete