Thursday, May 3, 2012

Update and a card.

Good morning everyone. Hope all is well. It's already Thursday and I feel like it should be Monday. When I have a big departure from the norm, I'm lost for at least a week.
Well the surgery went well, bicep reattached. Had quite a bit of pain for a couple of days but that is getting better. Probably by the weekend he will be driving. Thank you for all your concern and sweet comments.
Now for the new card. This is a birthday card for a nephew. He's grown and out on his own but I think he still likes to get a special handmade card from me.
Here's the recipe:
Art Deco - duck on page 54 cut at 1.3 (love this duck)
Art Philosophy - square page 24 cut at 4.29 (loving this cart)
Give a Hoot - cattails cut at 3
It really is a simple card but I like it. The labels are just rectangles and I used the Stampin Up ticket corner punch on it. I won that punch from Wendy Cranston, thank you Wendy.
Thank you for spending time with me. Hope you like the card too.

Hugs and God bless. Stephanie

10 comments:

  1. great male card, love that duck, glad all is better and dh is getting back to normal. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card glad your dh is doing better tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card, my friend, and so appropriate for a man-card. So sorry to hear your dh had some problem but also I'm glad to hear he's doing better!!! I'll send up prayers that he has a full recovery soon!

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great masculine card Stephanie! I like that you're putting the dimensions down... it's a good reminder for you and for someone else who may want to try a card like this... :O) I'm also very Happy to hear Hubby is on the mend! :O)Try and have a good weekend! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the duck Stephanie! Great card and glad to hear your hubby is doing well.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card for your nephew Stephanie, love the use of the Art Philosophy cart...as I care for my 991/2 year old dad full time I have this cart but not the time to really look at it's great features. When I see a card made from it I get all enthusiastic to try it out....♥ love Aussie Annie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great card Stephanie! I have had my eye on Art Deco. Do you just love it? Hee! Hee! All good news and a wonderful card! It's a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I just realised it was the spring cottage cart you used for the basket project...i should take in what I read in future I think....Must try and get that one...not able to get a lot of the fantastic carts out there here in Aussie....♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card with great colors and papers!
    Glad to hear your hubby is doing better!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card, love love those cattails, never knew they were on Give a Hoot thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete