Sunday, June 17, 2012

puppets

Happy Father's Day!
I want to wish all the dads, step-dads, substitute dads and mom/dads (whatever your situation) a wonderful day.
My grandson and I fixed breakfast for my hubby so he could go play golf this morning. The boys are coming over this afternoon. We don't mind him playing golf, in fact I insist on it. Gives me a little time to craft since I cooked the meat for tacos while I was fixing breakfast. Easy meals, YES!
 So this morning I got to make some puppets using the cartridge Paper Play. Of course they are for my grandson. He loves me to make things for him. A couple of years ago I made daggers for him,they were about 10 inches long. I cut 10 or 12 layers and they were very sturdy. He played with them so much and they are still holding together.  I digress, back to the subject.
These puppets were cut at 3.24 and the base is the perfect size for his hand. They were really easy to put together and they are cute. I think it would be easy to adapt animals from other carts for the base.
Let me know what you think. The bases were full sheets of card stock everything else was scraps.
Thanks for visiting. Hugs and God bless. Stephanie

4 comments:

  1. What a great way to spend your day- send the older guys outta the house and craft with your grand...love it! I bet he loves these cute little puppets. What fun! They turned out really cute and I love that you were able to use up some scraps, I need a project like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great puppets, and thanks for the info on this card--I was wondering how they would hold up "in real life!!!" As for the sugar scrub--it keeps for quite a while. The oil and sugar may separate a bit, but you just mix it up with a spoon and its's fine! And no, it does not need to be kept in the fridge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really fun project! They all look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable Stephanie,glad you had fun together.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete