Friday, July 13, 2012

With Sympathy

Hi, all.Sorry for the lack of posts lately. My son was here for 10 days and I couldn't hole-up in my craft room. Now I'm working on getting ahead with BBTB2 DT posts because I'm having carpal tunnel surgery Monday on my right wrist. Fun, fun. But I do have a new card for today, Friday the 13th of all days.
This one is a sympathy card. My BIL's  91 year old Aunt Birdie died in her sleep. last weekend. I think she was a real character.
 I decided to use a bird theme on this one. (her name) I don't think I've ever used this much color on a sympathy card before but I kind of like it.
My sister and her hubby always have tons of hummingbirds around their house so that's why I chose this bird.
recipe:
Art Nouveau - hummingbird page 66 cut at 5.0, waterlily page 27 cut at 2.53 and 2.65
Art Philosophy - square 4 page 53 cut at 5.0
Spellbinders fancy tag die with a stamped sentiment. Some embossing with my cuttlebug and MS corner punches.  I hope you like it.

Thanks for stopping by. Hugs and God bless. Stephanie

6 comments:

  1. Stunning. Love the images and the colors work so well together.

    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic card - I love this. Good luck with your surgery on Monday. TFS

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card...inside and out! Love all the embossing and inking. Good luck with your surgery, I hope that all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stephanie, beautiful card, don't you just love that cart? Sending good thoughts and prayers for your surgery on Mon, take care, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful Stephanie! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card..... I like the fact that you make a card with inspiration from what they like, like the hummingbird... it makes it more personal, which in turn makes it very special to the recipient! :o)

    ReplyDelete