Wednesday, August 22, 2012

2nd sympathy card

Hi, everyone. It's the middle of the week. We're halfway to Friday already.
Today I have the 2nd sympathy card.
I have a sister who has worked in the same doctor's office for over 30 years. So she gets to know some of the patients pretty well. One such patient moved away a few years ago and they have kept in touch. Two weeks ago this woman's 27 year old grandson  and his two female cousins were carjacked. They killed the young man. Needless to say they are devastated.
 My sister asked if I would make a card she can send.
There is actually no cricut on this one.I used a nestie label and embossed it with a fern, stamped a fern inside and die cut a small fern leaf over the sentiment.A little inking and some ribbon and done.

Thanks for stopping by. Hugs and God bless. Stephanie

12 comments:

  1. Stephanie, I think this is one of the hardest cards for me to do, even harder than male cards, and I think this is one of the prettiest sympathy cards I have ever seen, just gorgeous and I am sure the family will feel the love. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful sympathy card you made, Stephanie! The family will sincerely love and appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card. I love the simple lines and the embossing is great. I always struggle with sympathy cards - your card is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, simple and elegant. Just perfect Stephanie. TFS ;- ) These can be so hard to come up with, esp. when you need them on a moments notice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sympathy card! So sorry the hear the reason for the card! Prayers for the family.
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elegant and so beautiful - terrible event to have to deal with.

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card - so sorry - my prayers goes out to the family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a horrible thing to happen! Your card is beautiful and I'm sure it will be very appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what is wrong with this world. Your card is lovely, the embossing is pretty yet subtle. Will pray for comfort for the family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGOSH... What a terrible thing to have happen... I do think your card is beautiful and will be very much appreciated.... It turned out lovely Stephanie... My Prayers go out to the family... :O)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Stephanie... that is so tragic! Oh My! I couldn't even imagine! Your card is so elegant and beautiful. I know it is going to help. I am so sorry that I haven't been commenting lately. It's just been so crazy around here. I got to catch up on your amazing projects and they are all just perfection! I am so glad that the top on the cards helped. Crazy, huh? Who would have thought! Our thoughts go out to your sister's friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Stuff, the card was absolutely perfect!...and, thank you, Everyone Else, for the lovely show of sympathy and prayers. My patient and her family may never get to read these for themselves, but you can be sure I will let them know that there are still a whole lotta good people out there; and a bunch of them are sending prayers and support their way. Blessings to all of you!

    ReplyDelete