Friday, August 10, 2012

A little advice...

Hope everyone is having a great Friday.  I joined the Circle with reward points and chose Fontopia as my cart.  I wanted this cart especially for the great fonts. I should have paid closer attention. The style used for my initials are my least favorite. In fact I don't like them at all.  I thought all the letters could be cut in all the styles. Not true.
I do like the card feature, but there are a ton of very intricate cuts on the layers. There are a good variety of other cuts so it's not a total loss.
So just be aware if the main reason you buy this cart is the font styles, check your own initials to see if you like them.
I cut the "S" this morning. I still don't like it. So I'm glad I used points and not $. (I did get Cricut Everyday and I love this one.)
Thanks for letting me vent. Hugs and God bless. Stephanie

4 comments:

  1. I had high hopes for this cart, but I looked at my initials JRF, and wasn't too thrilled with them. Hopefully it'll come in handy for a future project :-)

    ~ Hugs ~

    Jess
    www.createbyrosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your honesty! I am NOT getting this cart.
    Marjorie from TX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you posted this .I am thinking of using my points for the membership as well. It's good that there are other good features though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like the same designer of the last two Circle cartridges. I didn't renew my membership because the last two cartridges are just terrible. Letter Envy and... well... it's so bad, I don't even remember what it was called. Hee! Hee! I opened them and linked them before I paid any attention and I should have just given them away. it's one reason I didn't renew. I do like much of what I have seen with Fontopia, but I don't know if it will be in my library or not. I haven't taken the time to look all the way through the digital book yet, but it did have a good first impression. You are such a fantastic designer, I now you are going to get a lot of mileage out of it and inspire all of us to where it will be a must have. You know you will!!!

    ReplyDelete