Monday, August 27, 2012

Back to School

Hi everyone. It's hard to believe this is the last Mon. of August. In fact, it's the first day of 1st grade for our grandson. It has gone so quickly. So for our last challenge of the month our very sweet and oh so talented Brenda has chosen "back to school" as our theme. Fitting, huh?
We would be so happy if you joined in the fun. Just remember to follow the rules. You must use cricut cuts.
And be sure to check out the rest of the DT at BBTB2. You'll find lots of inspiration.
OK here's my recipe:
Art Philosophy - labels cut at 3.94 and 4.18
Recess - ABC cut at 1.60, small ABC cut at 1.25, books cut at 1.80, pencil cut at .60
Graphically Speaking - day cut at 4.76
Joys of the Season - 1st cut at 3.25
Cute 3D embellie from Big Lots



This fold is called Double Dutch fold. Tutorial is on Splitcoast Stampers.
Thanks for stopping by. Hugs and God bless. Stephanie

17 comments:

  1. Stephanie, super cool card, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I've never seen this fold before and I'm going to have to keep it in mind to try. I actually better go write it down in my little design book, because I'll forget for sure. I don't remember as well as I did in school. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Steph,this is fab!Love your fold...really want to try it.That is such a cute embellishment you added.
    Hope your Grandson enjoyed his first day at school.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOh, what a cool fold and your cuts and colors are fabulous! Love it! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness gracious!! I love love love your card!!! The fold is really great and I so love the colors and the cuts you used. Awesome card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this design, must check it out... great papers, wonderful colors.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a COOL Card Fold Stephanie and I LOVE your embellishment.... Such a great card for starting the school year off right! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto-ditto-ditto!!! Love the fold!!! What a great project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a fabulous card and you've decorated it wonderfully,Must try this out!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Double Dutch fold card! Love how you have decorated with the cute Cricut cuts! Wonderful job!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Stephanie I love how you made this gatefold go up and down instead of side to side!! Looks so cool opening like that. I love the colors, fun papers! It is so cool how you used so many carts on this one card, amazing! I adore the little binder with pencil case, how cute is that?!! Thank you for making my challenge special with this adorable card! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stephanie, wow, this is amazing! Love the cool fold and the great details. Awesomeness!!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was the queen of double dutch in school so definitely need to try the double dutch fold. Hehe. Love the fold, love the papers and love the cuts. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow~~~~~~Love all the details and love the inside..WOW! Krista

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card, all the cuts and elements you used are perfect, I also love the fold of this card......


    Hugs
    penny

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Look at all those details! What fun!!!

    ReplyDelete