Sunday, September 8, 2013

Tombow 100 Years

A couple of weeks ago I was visiting the usual blogs when I came to Nadia's blog, With Glittering Eyes.  I'm sure most of us are familiar with Nadia's work.

She was taking part in a 100 year celebration for Tombow. This company is offering bloggers a chance to use some of their products to make something. Once you make and post a project they make a $100 product donation to the Council for Art Education.

I contacted the company using the info Nadia provided and they sent me some products.


"Bloggers who are interested in participating in the "100 Days of Tombow" movement should contact Barbara Pritchett, public relations coordinator, who will facilitate the provision of the "100 Days of Tombow" Starter Kit, containing Dual Brush Pens, Irojiten Color Pencils and the Stamp Runner Adhesive. Every submission for the "100 Days of Tombow" blogging program will result in a $100.00 product donation to the Council for Arts Education." And this contact info was provided: Barbara Pritchett, EOS Marketing & Communications for American Tombow. barbara@eosmarketing.com, 404-949-3778 (office).

A pack of 6 dual brush markers, The Craft Collection called Groovy; 10 colored pencils,  Color Dictionary IROJITEN in pale tone 1 and a Stamp Runner dot adhesive.


I haven't done much coloring so I made a card. I didn't want to go too far out of my comfort zone.

The flowers I used were a print that came with some chalk pencils years ago. (from QVC)
I love the pencils. I used them with baby oil (no gamsol) on the flowers. This group of colors is so pretty.

I used the markers on the sentiment stamp and the label edges. The glue I used as a stamp and a runner. Very easy to use, just hold it straight up or at an angle and roll it.
 
I've tried lots of adhesives and this one is one of the best.  I will definitely be buying refills.

I don't know how long Tombow is doing this but it doesn't hurt to contact them if you would like to participate.

Here's my finished card:

Thanks for stopping by. And thank you to Tombow for being able to sample some fabulous products.

Hugs and God bless. Stephanie





8 comments:

  1. Nadia is terrific!! Your card is just lovely Stephanie, the coloring is so soft and subtle. Perfect for the flower images you chose!! Very, very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nadia is terrific!! Your card is just lovely Stephanie, the coloring is so soft and subtle. Perfect for the flower images you chose!! Very, very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your floewers came out so pretty what a wonderful card. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Stephanie, this card is lovely!! I love how beautiful those flowers are and how cool that his company is doing this! Looks like some great products too! Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, I had no idea Tombow was so old! LOVE your gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie, your card turned out so pretty!!! You did a great job with the Tombows and chalks.

    Nadia is such a sweetie, always so willing to share -- I just love her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WONDERFUL card. Such pretty flowers.
    Thanks for sharing the info.
    Hugs
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. 100 yrs. WOW! I didn't realize they were that old! Great products and I LOVE how your project turned out! You should color more often... it looks wonderful Stephanie! :o)

    ReplyDelete