Saturday, January 11, 2014

BFF's B-day

Hi, everyone. Hope your Saturday is going well. Unfortunately we're having to plan a funeral. My husband's older brother died yesterday. So this will be short and sweet.

My BFF, who happens to live across the street, has a birthday today.  She isn't going through a very nice time right now either. She and her husband are traveling to Louisiana each week to bring her aunt for cancer treatment. So we all seem to have something that isn't pleasant to take care of.

Thank you, Lord, for helping us through this. I know a lot of you are dealing with things that are less than pleasant and he helps you. too.

My friend collects teapots along with candlesticks, etc.

So here's her card:



This is a silhouette file. They always cut so nicely.  I bought a file from SVG Cuts, Tea for You and Me, just so I could make her the teapot. The only problem was I needed 3 sheets of matching patterned paper instead of just 2 because I have a Portrait and not a Cameo. 

Anyway, this particular pattern is the only thing I had with 3 sheets. So I made it anyway. I just don't like the paper. I'll have to make her another one later. (poor planning on my part) It was fun to make.

Here's picture of it:


Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs and God bless. Stephanie

10 comments:

  1. Stephanie, tnx for your recent blog visit. I'm sorry for your loss, but yes, seems like we all are having to deal with these kinds of situations. So sad for those left behind. And Happy Birthday to your neighbor. She's lucky to have such a sweet crafty neighbor to help celebrate her special day. I loved your tea pot, and the paper is very cheery too. Good for you in using your Silhouette. I need to do that, mine just collects dust. TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss Stephanie, it is never easy. Donna lost her MIL too, I hate to see the new year start out this way. Your neighbor sounds like they have their hands full too. It is always something is it not?! But like you said the good Lord will helps us through it. Your teapot and card is just adorable!!! I know your neighbor will adore it! I know it wasn't the paper you wanted, but it is very pretty! Hugs my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss Stephanie.... Wish I could make things easier for you and your family! :o) I'm also very sorry to hear about your neighbors Aunt... Such tough times... But God is good and will help all of you through this tough time. Your card is beautiful! And so is that Tea pot! I don't know why you don't like the paper... it's very pretty and your neighbor/BFF will certainly LOVE it and appreciate it! HUGS my friend! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card and teapot. So sorry to hear of your loss. Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out so beautiful, I know she will love it. Will be keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much sadness. I am so sorry for your loss. Aren't you thankful that we have a God who is strong enough to carry our burdens?
    What a sweet friend you are to make something special to help lift a friend's spirits. Your card is just lovely and sure to bring a smile to her face. By the way, I'm loving the 3D teapot and I kinda like that paper. It's bright and cheery.
    Sending you warm thoughts and well wishes my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry for your loss.
    Email me if you need to talk.
    You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
    Your card is gorgeous.
    thanks for sharing it with us.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear of your loss Stephanie, I will pray for you and your family. I think your friend is going to love her card and 3D teapot, they are perfect for her it sounds like!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so sweet to make a special, customized card and teapot for your bestie! They are absolutely adorable, and I know they will bring her great joy. So sorry for your loss! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stephanie,
    First off, I am so very sorry to hear about your brother-in-law's passing. I am keeping you, your husband and the family in my prayers. I'm sorry it has taken me awhile to get caught up to your blog posts too. I am just now starting to get through the gazillion of emails that were in my inbox over the Holidays and while I was sick. On a brighter note, your teapot is gorgeous and so is the card. I don't know why you don't like the paper. I think it's gorgeous paper and your friend will love it all. Thanks for sharing this with us and you are all in my thoughts.
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete