Monday, January 6, 2014

Can we say...sidetracked!

Have you ever walked into a room with one thing in mind and ended up doing something totally different? I know, it happens to me all the time. But...this morning was really different.

I decided to throw out some old makeup and came across some items I painted in the 90's.

You see, before I started paper crafting I used to paint. I painted wood cutouts, t-shirts and even did my own hand painted jewelry. In this drawer I had some small wood pieces, animal heads with a hole through from side to side and you strung a bandana or scarf thru. You wore them around your neck.  I was really proud of the way they turned out so I kept them. I also kept my favorite personal t-shirts that I painted. Then there is the holiday jewelry and baseball pins.

I think today I'll post the scarf holders. Take a look:



As you can probably tell, I've always loved details and these have a lot of it.  These pieces are about 2 1/2" by 1 1/2".
Thanks for taking this trip down memory lane with me. Hope you weren't bored. I'll post some of the other things later. I've taken the pictures so that is half the battle.

Hugs and God bless. Stephanie

7 comments:

  1. OMGosh, Stephanie! You are truly talented! These are amazing! I so wish I could draw or paint, but I have zero talent in that department. My daughter, though, is really good, and I'm always so envious! :) These would look adorable hung from ribbon on your Christmas tree.......or you could string them all together onto one ribbon and make a fun birthday banner for that sweet grandson of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they're beautiful! You should wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie these are incredible, you have quite the hidden talent!! They are sooo detailed, as you said! I'm so happy you shared these!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGOSH STEPHANIE!!!! Those look AMAZING! Such detail.... You are very talented! And I'm so glad you got side tracked.... because it was really nice that you were able to share another amazing talented you had that I didn't know about! LOVE THEM! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Stephanie - the details on these are fabulous!! You have been hiding your talents! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Stephanie, you are a very talented lady!!! I love these scarf holders!! I'd never be able to paint something like this. I think you should get these babies our and wear them again!! lol I love them! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are amazing. LOVE them.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete