Friday, April 4, 2014

Special day

Hi, everyone and happy Friday.

Today is special to hubby and I. It's our 44th wedding anniversary.  No great big plans. I'm not really onto fancy. One of our grandsons has a game tonight so we will be at the ball park. (and that's fine with me) I do my best never to miss a game. These kids are so busy I look for any chance to see them.

Back to the card for today. A few weeks ago there was a telescope added to the "new designs" section of my Sil program. I kept going back to it. It really isn't that special but I had an idea forming and couldn't let go. That ever happen to you?

Anyway, this is a very simple card and it was one I HAD to make. The phrase, "It's written in the stars" just wouldn't leave me alone.

So this is what I came up with. Take a look:



The stars on the inside have "always and forever" spelled out. (star alphabet from Sil).
So this is my simple anniversary card for my hubby.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs and God bless. Stephanie

6 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Stephanie!!! What an awesome milestone for you and your hubby!! I am totally loving your card. That telescope is awesome and I love the way you pulled this card together. I'd love to say that this happens to me but it doesn't. I seem to struggle to come up with ideas or I just scraplift. lol This couldn't be a more perfect anniversary card my friend. Enjoy the game tonight! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Steph... Happy Anniversary!!! WOW ... 44 years! That is truly amazing! God bless you both. Keep going strong my friend.... and this card is stunning... it's the perfect anniversary card to give to him.... he is going to love it. Have a wonderful evening visiting and watching your grandson play ball and have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary - hope you both had a wonderful day. And love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed this post somehow or another! Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby - 44 years together is a wonderful accomplishment. I wish you many more wonderful years together ♥

    Okay, now to this fun card - I LOVE the background paper you used - brilliant! The telescope looks awesome, how fun! Yep, happens to me all the time, I get an idea in this head of mine and that's it - can't think of anything else until I get it outta my system.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy {late} anniversary!
    I hope your day was wonderful.
    I LOVE your card.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! 44 years.... Looonggg time! :O) Very happy for the both of you to stick together through thick & thin... :o) I'm a simple gal too.... so Hubby and I don't do much for ours either... :O) Your card is fabulous... Love the way you combined the background paper with that telescope... the inside looks just as wonderful! Congrats my friend... wishing you many, many more wonderful anniversaries! :o)

    ReplyDelete