Thursday, July 10, 2014

Is it really Thursday

Hi, everyone. I cannot believe it's already Thursday. My son has to go back to Florida on Sunday, way too soon. We have been eating BBQ leftovers since the 4th. (his choice) So much meat. We went out last night for something different and Tuesday night we had one of his very favorite meals, po' boys.

 These are not the cold cut po' boy. My dad had a favorite place in New Orleans where he and my mom used to get them. Later years she developed her own recipe from what they used to eat.  The whole family loves them so we had a crowd of 12 for these. I never can tell how much meat I need so needless to say there will be plenty of leftovers to freeze. Then one day we can enjoy them again without cooking.

Ok, this post is really not about food. My sister that came to the BBQ from Houston brought me a present. She designs and makes jewelry. (very well I might add) She made me a cute link bracelet. (she made the links by hand out of sterling wire) It's so light and comfortable. I just love it.

So the reason I started this post, I wanted to make her a thank you. She forgets things just like I do (I think we're twins 3 years apart) I made her a little post it note cover. So now she has paper and pen all in one. I'm also sending her some no glue gable boxes she can fold together to give her customers with their jewelry purchases.

Here is the note cover:



She loves yellow and lime green. She has a very bright personality.

And here is the fabulous bracelet.





Don't you love it?

I'm going to enter this note cover in DL.Arts Thankful Thursday challenge #136 - thank you

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs and God bless. Stephanie

8 comments:

  1. All that food talk has me hungry ~ good thing I've got spaghetti simmering away! What a sweet thank you gift. I really like the bright, happy papers and that fun little camera. Your bracelet is just lovely, she did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know where the week went either, but it sure has flew by! What is po' boys Stephanie? It sounds like something I would like. lol I love your thank you post it note holder and think it is a grand idea! I also love, love that bracelet your sister made you. I can't believe that she made that with wire!!! So beautiful for sure. It is nice of your to make her gable boxes that she can put together for her jewelry, I hope we can see more of her jewelry sometime soon. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bracelet is so pretty and I love your note cover what a wonderful gift.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #135 “Thank you” challenge, Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com



    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, you are a talented group! Your sister's bracelet is amazing! really beautiful and elegant design. And I adore your notebook cover. So bright and happy and fun, and so very useful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your note gift set and so will she.
    The bracelet is so pretty.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsBydragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super Stephanie I bet she loves it. I think the camera is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the bracelet your sister made you... it does look light weight to wear... Such a thoughtful sister! And that cute note cover is perfect for her.. great bright cheery colors and that camera is way awesome! :o)

    ReplyDelete