Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Another BIL card

God morning and happy Tuesday! How is your week so far?
This post is all about my other BIL whose birthday was Aug. 10th. This one was waiting on the birth of his first grandchild. Well the baby, a boy, Trent, was born on the 11th.

This BIL is a little crazy (well he likes to drive his daughters crazy) and does woodworking. I made him a pop up workbench card. I knew he would like it but I made it a little special, just for him.

You see, he's been telling his daughter he was going to insist the baby call him (are you ready for this)" Grrrandfatha". Roll the r and say with a very snooty accent. He's such a nut. So I put the name on his workbench. He loved it. It's been passed around a lot.

Take a look:




This was the first time I used sketch pens in my Cameo. I won a set of these fabulous pens from Diana at http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com.  I chose what machine I wanted the pen holder to work with and what set of pens I wanted. Guess what, they sent the whole collection. All 40 pens. A fabulous surprise.


Thanks so much Diana and Cri Kits.


Thanks so much for spending a little time here.

Hugs and God bless. Stephanie

10 comments:

  1. Wow, this card is amazing Stephanie!! I love the work bench and the peg board and tools. I have to say this is the best masculine card!! I had to laugh too at your BIL with the grandbaby and name thing. lol I love it-is he a Godfather watcher?!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome card! I love, love,love the workbench - it looks amazing! And, K love the way you personalized it with his "new name" - very nice. Congrats to your BIL for becoming a member of the Grandparent club - best club I've ever been in ;)

    Wow - and look at all those great pens! What a wonderful gift, I know you will enjoy playing with those. Have a great day my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - fabulous pop up card. Love the work bench! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, he sounds like he is quite the character! Love that you personalized this adorable card to perfectly fit the new grrrrandfatha. The workbench is just perfect for him. I can see why this one is getting passed around so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your workbench card. Congrats on your DL Art Cri-kits win. How neat that they sent all those great pens. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie I LOVE it! What a great card for any man!! And what an array of pens from that win! Nice!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephanie this is darling, I bet he loved it! This is such a fun card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there Stephanie! How funny of your BIL... Had me giggling.... :o) LOVE the card ya made him.... in fact I enjoyed the other tool one you made too.... but my favorite is that ROW HOUSE!! OMGOSH.... Sooo pretty! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just checking back in after a reeeeeal long work week. Hope all is well.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, I love, love this card!! The workbench is amazing!! I so need to make one of these for my Dad!! How creative and fabulous!! And how fun personalizing it with Grandfatha!!

    Thank you so, so much for voting for my card!! I appreciate it so much!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete