Monday, August 4, 2014

Cade's birthday

Happy Monday everyone.

I can't believe school starts 3 weeks from today.  Last week we starting buying school supplies. They are always very specific about what they want and I found all but 2 of the 5 folders at Walmart.
The folders have to be poly (plastic) no paper ones, no brads, 3 holes and inside pockets. Found the 2 reds and a purple one. Now I need a green one and a yellow one. Shouldn't be too hard, right? We'll see. We also forgot about a backpack. and then there is clothes. And Gabriel HATES shopping!

He thinks my motto is "sometimes we have to do things we just don't want to do!" That's what I tell him when he asks, "Wouldn't you rather just stay home and relax?"

So he hears that quite a lot. lol Hopefully we will finish today.

Anyway, this weekend we celebrated another grandson's birthday, Cade he's now 11. (the reason for this post) He had a fun party at this sports gym. The kids played all types of ball games and had a great time.

His card is not very elaborate. (that doesn't impress him) It's a baseball shaped card but I like the inside. I think he liked the way he got his money. Since the boys would rather have money, I try to wrap a favorite snack in a special way.

Take a look:






Thanks for stopping by. Have a great Monday.

Hugs and God bless. Stephanie

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember the days of all that back-to-school supply shopping. They get soooo darn specific, don't they....and then you have to chase all over town trying to find exactly the right things. :(
    Happy birthday to your grandson! I think your baseball card and treat box look amazing! And yes, what a fun way to package up some cash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card...I love the idea of the mitt holding his gift and the snack box is another cool idea! Well done. Kathie

    *Happy Birthday wishes to your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very cool card and I'm sure he loved that! I think putting the money inside the glove was perfect! Love your snack storage but I love the snack inside! My favorite snack in the world is slim jims, MILD. =)
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that it is August either Stephanie and that school will be starting here very soon!!! I don't wanna take my baby to college. lol I just can't imagine that my house will be kid-less for the very first time in 30+ years! So I'm saving up things to do for after he leaves, like re-doing my craft room. I hope he comes home every month like he says he is gonna do. lol But then I might just like this no kid thing, but I kinda doubt it! I love, love your card for Cade. It turned out great and the inside is just awesome! Love the money in the mitt-that is so perfect. Love your cute snack container too. I'm sure he was very happy!! Great job grandma. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your grandson! I"m sure he loved the baseball card,especially with the money inside...lol! I love the shape and the little glove money pocket, too cute! And how fun is that cute little box of snacks? The balloons look wonderful.

    My granddaughter starts back to school on the 18th, where has this summer gone? And, I feel your pain on the school supplies. These teachers sure are picky these days! Good luck finishing up that list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, love how you added the pocket for the money, and lovely little gift box. My girls go back the day after Labour Day, so 4 more weeks. I have to go through all the stuff they brought home from school at the the end of June, and then see what I need to get :-) Walmart/Staples here I come :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful. I'm so glad he loved them. Thanks for sharing.
    This summer went so fast! Here the kids start back on Sept. 2nd. Teachers go back a week earlier.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete