Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Happy October!

Hello, everyone. Can you believe it is already Oct. 1? Time is really flying. Hope you are all able to be creative.

It seems the more stress I have the more I cut and glue. It is hard to get started sometimes but once I start I can loose myself in the process. Which is a good thing. Better than therapy!

Ok, the reason you came by. Today I'm going to show you my haunted cottage. It's SVGCuts of course, The Enchanted Forest. God bless Mary and her how-to videos. I cut out all the pieces (and there are a lot of them) It takes me a long time studying her videos to be able to choose the right papers for each element. Some have a lot of layers. I've learned to take my time and not get in a hurry.

Watch each section, pause it and put mine together.. Takes a while but it really makes me feel good when it's done.

Take a look: (sorry, quite a few photos)

front



back



I tried to shoot each angle. I added all the bats, ghosts, jack-o-lanterns etc.

When I spend a lot of time and paper on a project it's hard for me to put it away. This one may have to be "Christmased" up a bit. Maybe a Charlie Brown Christmas tree, a few wreaths...

Anyway I like it. It looks really creepy cute with the battery tea lights turned on. When I get everything up and fixed  I'll take photos with everything lighted.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs and God bless. Stephanie

Challenges:

http://decoratetocelebrate.blogspot.com/2014/10/challenge-85-anything-goes.html

http://www.silhouettechallenges.com/2014/10/ch-18-holiday-home-decor.html


.

16 comments:

  1. wow...oh wow...oooohhh WOW! This is so spooky and creepy and fun! You did an amazing job putting this together, I can only imagine how many hours you must have in this project. Great job on choosing papers, they look great. This house has so many fun details on it - love the pumpkins and skeletons and bats and spiders and all that creepy Halloween stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely AWESOME!!! Fabulous papers and embellishments. Thanks for linking up over at Silhouette Challenges

    Have a creative day.
    Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a awesome job on your haunted house thank you for joining us at anything goes challenges at decorate to celebrate. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGee, this is seriously just SO fabulous, Stephanie! I have such a hard time believing this is made from paper! I LOVE it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Stephanie, this haunted house is fabulous!!!! You should be proud of yourself because you make some amazing things on your Cameo. I just love all the angles of the house you took because we can see it so much better. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a spooky haunted house! I love it!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Decorate To Celebrate! DTM, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome!!! Thanks so much for participating in our DECORATE TO CELEBRATE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Steph this turned out AWESOME!!! You are making me want to start creating my SVG files LOL
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! this is amazing and so detailed, I love it:) Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, wow, wow, wow I absolutely love it and just as I was reading about you Christmasing it up I too was thinking the same lol.
    Thanks for sharing at Silhouette Challenges.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I am super impressed! Fantastic! Thank you so much for playing along with DTC Design Team!

    Hugs,
    Louie's Mom
    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!! This is fabulous!!! You did an AMAZING job with this Haunted House! The perfect decoration! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Decorate To Celebrate!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just LOVE this SVG Cuts haunted house! And...your purple bat roof is to die for!!! Thanks for linking up to DTC #85!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG that is really tremendous!!! Love love the papers and wow! TFS and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful Spooky Halloween House! I love your choice of paper. Especially the batty roof. :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a few of these houses by SVGcuts and haven't yet tried them - your beautiful house has given me the push I needed to break out those lovely cuts and get to work!! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete