Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Surprise, surprise!

God morning! I have a couple of projects to show but they aren't from SVGCuts. (hence the surprise)

These files are from the sil online store, Snapdragon Snippets, a mourner's hat and a cozy kitty luminaire, Ashbee Designs.

Snapdragon Snippets has lots of cute designs and they really are sturdy. I would do more of theirs but I have trouble with the way the instructions are. I actually thought they were written by a man till I saw pics that showed hands.
Anyway I kept looking at this file, then the instructions. After about a week I couldn't stand it. I had to "try" making it. This time I pretty much figured it out.

This hat reminds me of New Orleans and parades. My dad's family all lived in Louisiana and I was born there. This hat just made me remember family vacations, eating boiled crabs in the lake restaurants, dancing to the jukebox, fun with cousins...just happy times.  We were all twelve and under. Great memories, 1955 - 1965.

Take a look:

 
# 67875



 
# 67665

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Hugs and God bless. Stephanie

5 comments:

  1. You are doing some amazing 3D projects my friend! That black cat looks fabulous ( I bet he was a bugger to put together)! And, I love your spooky hat. It looks great with the inking and all those fun embellishments.
    Guess what, we were pretty close neighbors back in the day - I was born and raised in Pascagoula, Mississippi! I was born in 1961 and we moved a lot, but always ended up back in Pascagoula until about 1972. Who knew?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cool Stephanie! YAY! I got internet. I'd been without it for 2 weeks! I used my son's phone 1 time.... Glad to reconnect with you! I'm in my new house and I'm finishing up my craft room. Hoping to start crafting by Monday! LOVE seeing all your 3D projects! I bought that hat last night! Can't wait to make one! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cool! I love that hat! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your wonderful hat and cat decorations. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! Super amazing, Stephanie! These files really are cool... so happy you were able to make them work for you!

    ReplyDelete