Saturday, December 6, 2014

Happy Saturday!

Are y'all as glad as I am for the weekend? School has been crazy. It seems each day they send info home to buy something else. They had a fundraiser a few weeks ago and I ordered a double layer dish to store deviled eggs in the fridge. That is useful and I usually have them sliding around in a bowl.
Well let me tell you that is the flimsiest thing I have ever bought. Glad ware is stronger. What a



waste.
No more fundraisers for me. This is the third year I've been taken. They get enough of my money with the 10 to 15 t-shirts we have to buy each year.

OK enough of this rant.

I have something to show you today. A few years ago I made my BFF a Christmas cup and saucer. (Before Cameo - used a Cricut 3d cut - and I have never liked their 3d stuff - but that is all I had) Found out the difference once I used a Silhouette.

Anyway this year it was a little mangled and warped when she got it out. (I did not know she even kept it) She asked for another one this year. So I used SVGCuts Tea for you and me kit.

Take a look:



Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs and God bless. Stephanie

6 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie! Okay, I can totally relate to your rant - school fundraisers sell the crappiest made stuff ever. I would be so much happier to just make out a check to donate to the school rather than buy the junk they sell. But, the part that really gets me is the way they push the kids to sell the stuff. Sell X amount and get a small prize, sell XX amount and win a bigger prize. Kids like my grandson who is in K5 are too young to understand so I end up buying the junk so he can get a "prize" like his friends....sigh...it really stinks.
    Anyway, enough of that and onto fun stuff! I really love this beautiful cup and saucer.! It came together beautifully and the poinsettia adds such a bright, festive touch! Isn't it a wonderful feeling when you know someone really loves and appreciates something you have created? I'm sure she will treasure this beauty as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie,
    This cup and saucer is gorgeous! i absolutely love the poinsettia addition to it... so festive and so gorgeous. I'm jealous LOL ... I so NEED to start cutting my SVG cuts and creating my 3D things. You did a beautiful job, She'll love this. Probably so much more then the last one. Hope you are having a good weekend. By the way, I'll be up pretty late tonight as I slept alot earlier and the pain is too much for me right now to try and sleep.... so if you are up late, email me. We'll chat!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo pretty Stephanie! Your BFF is gonna love it as much as the first one! LOVE the paper it's so fitting.... I love seeing your 3D projects! :) And I just wanted to add that I use to have that problem with the school selling crap and so many different sales! UGH! But, when I moved to Utah and the Smaller town... they NEVER had us do that! They had PTS festivals and we would don't at them... Like Halloween, Christmas, Easter... It worked out so much better.... And nobody was pressured into anything... They were fun events & everyone in town went to them and the money would just roll on in! HA :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know there was a difference with 3D items, this is good to know! How sweet that your friend kept her tea cup and how sweet that you made her another one since her's got messed up. I love how this one came out Stephanie! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. The school fundraisers tend to be a little overwhelming at times. I love the teacup and that fabulous poinsettia! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes How did I get so far behind on comments?
    Your tea cup is so pretty. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete