Sunday, December 7, 2014

My tree saga

Well, it's Sunday, which means school tomorrow. UGH! Gabriel makes straight A's so far so I am blessed. It's just the way they change terminology and other things. (Apparently Texas isn't happy unless it's confusing) O well this is for another day.

How is your weekend going so far? I'm hoping to go out this afternoon so I don't have so many stops to make tomorrow. I can only climb into my vehicle so many times a day or I can't walk the next day. lol

OK, so this is about my tree. Hubby got the stuff down from the attic on the first. (last Monday) On Tuesday , he brought the totes in with the wall décor in it. (I did not touch it) I did, however, put out the things I keep in my closet in the house.

So we are at Wednesday. Hubby brought the tree in and assembled it. (it's prelit) We bought this one 8 - 10 years ago after I complained for the umpteenth time about the HUGE tree we used for over 20 years. It just beat me up decorating it every year. It was so big and so heavy I was all scratched up when I finished. (it was so well made it still looked like new) honest!

So I bought a prelit one. It always took at least 2 days to do the lights, doing and redoing them to get them even and just right. We just had to find the perfect one.

Well, this year, try as he might, he couldn't get all the lights to come on. So we went in search of a new one. Such fun! There are 8 places around here that sell trees. We had to go to all of them. We ended up back at Sears. There was a beautiful tree that we both loved.

Learned something new, DO NOT go to Sears unless absolutely necessary. One person in the whole tool/décor section. He couldn't call the "warehouse" area to check on availability, he had to go check himself.
There was still availability tags on the tree but he had to check. (evidently the tags mean nothing) We waited an hour to find out there wasn't any. So we leave, very unhappy.

On the way home I thought of Big Lots.  Can you believe it - we found our tree - at Big Lots of all places!

So we came home, put it up, and Gabe helped decorate after school. So on the 3rd we finally got it up!

Sorry for the long post. Take a look:





Thanks for stopping by. Have a fabulous day.

Hugs and God bless. Stephanie

6 comments:

  1. I hear you about the tree saga! We don't have a prelit one and claim every year we will get one for the next year, well still on prelit tree. But you are doing much better than me because I haven't had any guys to get my decorations down yet so it doesn't look like Christmas around here. Big Lots has lots of nice trees I think and I think your tree turned out beautiful! Gabe did a great job helping to decorate it. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL trees eh! That is beautiful. I don't have a pre lit one, but I do hate going around around and around the tree with the lights - makes me so dizzy LOL! TFS and glad you found one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tree always seems to be the yearly struggle, doesn't it? I kind of dread it the most, although I know it is the most important... I finally convinced my kids to let me just do a fake tree two years ago. So happy to not have to struggle getting a live tree off the car and into a stand... and then deal with all those lights... but still, it is so much work. Yours is beautiful! Really looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie,
    I think its awesome that you finally found your tree at Big Lots. I got my little 4 foot tree there for only $11! There trees are pretty nice and reasonably priced. Your tree looks really pretty my friend. I'm glad your tree saga is over lol
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. You poor thing! I did the pre-lit too its just so much easier to deal with.. But when the older boys decided to move I thought... I don't need a big tree.... So now I have 1 of those 15 minute trees that has the lights & décor already on it! So worth the $$$$ I spent on it! And, YAY for you finding the tree at Big Lots... They do have some great deals and some good products to boot! Enjoy your new tree! It looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tree is perfect. Glad you were able to get it up and decorated. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete