Monday, June 8, 2015

Happy Monday

Well, it's a happy Monday for my SIL. It's the first Monday of her retirement! Yea, Toni!

Tomorrow is my hubby's birthday. It's a big one, 65. We have spent the last few months trying to decide what insurance to keep while signing up for Medicare. It really is confusing. Now it's done and all we can do is hope for the best. At least we only have to go through it once. You see, I will be 65 in a couple of weeks so they were able to get us both signed up for everything at one time.

So, I have his birthday card to show you. I loved the card when I saw it but I didn't realize how it opened. It's a fishing vest and the front opens in 2 pieces.  If it opened on each side like a gate fold it would have been really cute but it opens top to bottom, in 2 pieces. I didn't think that was a good design. So I used the sign on the front to join them so they open together. I like it much better.

Take a look:



I think it is so cute!

Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs and God bless. Stephanie

8 comments:

  1. Oh how CUTE Stephanie!!! What a fun shape too! Your hubby will love it for sure! And don't forget with Medicare... you want a secondary Insurance! I'm sure you already have one but if not.. you'll want it... Medicare offers very little Insurance wise.... My Mom & Hubby both have secondary Insurance to cover the cost that Medicare doesn't! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie this card is so cute!! Your hubby is gonna love it! Happy birthday to him!!!! and great news for your sis! I hope you are doing well my friend. Thinking of you!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my friend - sorry I haven't been by lately. We are in the middle of VBS and it's been crazy for the last couple of weeks. I'm pooped and we still have 2 more days but I wanted to visit with my bloggy friends a bit tonight so I'm going to try to play "catch up" with my visits!
    First of all, congrats on getting that Medicare stuff stuff taken care of. I know it's crazy complicated and don't look forward to it. Next, happy birthday to your hubby and to you (in case I dont' get back by)! I hope you both have a very special day. Your hubby is going to love this fun card because it's pretty awesome! I am loving all of those great pockets with all the fishing gear. And, I love that poor little worm on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I think I will be confused like you when I have to sign up for Medicare. Thankfully I have a while yet to go! Love, love the fishing vest card Stephanie, it is clever and totally cute for a guy. Happy Birthday to your hubby! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I bet he loves it. What a great idea to fix its opening. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fishing vest is awesome! Perfect for Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this and what a fabulous shape. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, that other way of opening sounded a bit confusing. I like what you did much better. The vest shape is so fun. Really love all the little fishing gear you added. Bet your hubby loved it!

    ReplyDelete