Sunday, December 13, 2015

What you end up with-

Ok - I actually remembered to take pics of the "trash".

You may have gotten more than you bargained for. More than you ever wanted to know about Texas Trash."

 
This is all the different ingredients.

 
This is one bowl of the ingredients mixed in a 32 cup Tupperware bowl. I cook mine in an electric roaster. (just easier than bending over an oven) I also don't spill any inside my oven when I stir it. So it's the roaster for me. One bowlful, one roaster full.

 
This is the melted butter, worchestershire sauce and Tony's seasoning.
(I know, it looks like sludge) lol



Then pour the bowlful into the roaster. Stir until all of it is coated well. Cook at 250 degrees.  About every 20 minutes stir.
Do this for an hour and 15 min. to maybe 2 hours. You are toasting it and drying it out.

 
Once dried out pour onto paper bag or craft paper lined with newspaper, then topped with paper towels to cool.
Once cool, store in airtight container.
 
I started before 7 this morning. I cook 3 batches of this stuff. The last batch is in the roaster. It's 3 pm.
A long day. So basically, I did nothing but this today.
 
Sorry if I bored you out of your skulls!
 
Thanks for the visit.
 
Hugs and God bless. Stephanie

5 comments:

  1. Now that looks YUMMY!!! Thanks so much for the step by step instructions! I have an electric roaster too, so this is great info!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a process, Stephanie! But it looks delicious, and I'm sure your family really appreciates all your hard work. Makes me think of my mom and her Christmas cookies. She makes the best roll-out cookies, but it is quite the ordeal for her.... takes her an entire day of non-stop work. But we love them, and it wouldn't feel like Christmas without those cookies. :)
    Thanks for sharing! Enjoy your trash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like all kinds of yumminess! I usually do a Chex Mix version for my boys, but mine does not have nearly as many goodies in it. May have to give yours a try -thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum. Send some my way. lol. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete