Friday, February 19, 2016

Happy Friday

Is everyone as glad for Friday as I am?

This was a short week for school here. (teacher work day last Monday) But Tuesday they got right into the Starr testing practice. This time it's for a writing test. I don't even understand the terminology and 4th graders are expected to write and understand prose like in high school. It's insane. It's very hard to help him when I can't "get" what they want. Anyway I'm glad for Friday. (and so is he)

OK. Now to the reason I am here today.

I have a few Valentine things to show you. (I know I'm late)




 

I know this isn't Valentine related, it's winter. I just loved this bag so I made it and put it out.
 
All these files are from SVGCuts. Thank you Mary!
 
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs and God bless.
Stephanie


8 comments:

  1. Such cute creations, Stephanie! Loving that sweet layered rose and snowflake! And what cool shaped gift boxes! Love how that pink one closes at the top with the spiral shapes. And the big & is super fun!
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all of your Creations! Glad I stopped by. Happy Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty creations my friend! I hope that you have a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we are almost on the same schedule with school - we had Monday off as well for a teacher day - don't know about the testing, but I do agree with you as to how insane of info they expect coming from these kids - they only teach them stuff for the test they're taking and nothing else really - it's a shame! :) Any who... LOVE your wonderful Valentine's day Projects, they look so cool! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such fabulous creations! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy! Fabulous projects!

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful projects from a very busy lady! These are all wonderful, I really love the U & Me....so cute!
    I can so relate to your school issues. I can't even begin to help my granddaughter with homework these days. The methods used to solve simple math problems just boggles my brain. If 4 X 3 = 12, why can't we just leave it at that? New methods just drive me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LoVe your Valentine projects. So glad you shared them.
    I work with small groups of students supporting them in reading and math. {Luckily I do not do writing support right now. lol} It can be hard to wade through the always changing math vocabulary and "new" ways to do the problems. I always struggled with math as a child. We learned multiplication by memorizing the times table like were in PeeChee folders back in the day or memorizing the problems and their answers. Neither of those ways worked for me. If I was taught math using a lot of the new stuff I do not believe I would have struggled as much but that is just me.
    I would like to personally thank all of you wonderful parents and grandparents for helping your kiddos with their homework. You guys rock!
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete