Friday, April 22, 2016

Gonna try...

Well I've been missing and missing all of you.

There is no "huge" thing that has happened just day to day stuff that get you down. There has just been a lot of it lately. I couldn't even loose myself in paper.

Then something really scary happened. I have a 9 year old grand nephew, very outdoorsy kid and small for his age. He started complaining that his knee hurt then running fever. This was a Sunday. The next day she took him in and was told he had a virus but did not think the knee had anything to do with it. By Thursday they were in the emergency room running all kinds of tests. A few hours later they were rushing him to Texas Children's Hospital. Turns out he had an infection in his bones causing the terrible pain and high fever. He couldn't stand to be touched. He had a very bad time. He had surgery to put drains in his leg and ankle 2 days in a row.  We were all so scared. He even asked his mom if he was going "up" to be with God. You never know what kids are thinking.

It ended up being a strep infection which probably entered his body through a scrape on his elbow. After several days of strong antibiotics he finally started getting better. He went home last Monday and he gets to go back to school next Monday. He is using a walker but he will be able to use his right leg normally with PT.

Prayers and doctors are sometimes a great combination.

He loves fishing as well as hunting, baseball, animals, bugs etc.  I've been wanting to make this boat since last summer.

I'm going to put a gift card in it for him and some treats. He has a 5 year old little sister so I made the rainbow box for some for her.



Thank you for stopping by. I really do appreciate it.

Hugs and God bless. Stephanie

8 comments:

  1. Oh! What a scary situation! Glad he is doing better now. Prayers for continued healing. Love the boat and card. Your 3-D work is always so pretty!

    Hugs!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Stephanie... Life can be hard on us all.... and taking a break from crafting or other things for that matter is natural.... We ALL need our breaks or we'll go crazy.... I'm so sorry to read about your Grand Nephew.... How scary that must of been for everyone involved.... But I'm so glad his doing better and you being so awesome to make him that adorable #d boat for some goodies... You certainly are a GRAND AUNT! :) Hugs to you and your family.... Oh and the rainbow 3D box is adorable too.. almost forgot to say that! Lost my thought! LOL Both projects are sweet and the kids will love them! Try and have a restful weekend! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow...how scary! I was reading through your story as fast as I could to find out if everything was okay! I had to go back and re-read the details once I knew the little guy was going to be fine. I'm so happy to hear that the docs figured out what was going on with him in time to take care of it!
    He is going to love this adorable boat. The papers and details on it are great. That wood grained print is perfect! And, can't leave out little sister! I'm sure she is going to adore her sweet rainbow.
    I hope you have a wonderful (trouble free) weekend my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie I was about to send you an email when I saw your blog post come through. I was beginning to worry about you since I had not heard from you or seen you post. First I want to say that I am glad you are okay and extremely glad to hear your nephew is okay! That had to be some scary stuff. I'm so sorry that you all went through that but so thankful that everyone reacted quickly enough to get him the help and aid he needed. Thankfully surgery went well and he's going to be okay. Situations like that really open up our eyes and brings us all closer to God and to one another. But onto your boxes, they are so beautiful! I am loving that boat! Just perfect for some treats and a gift card. Both your nephew and his sister are going to love these!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. omgoodness, that really is so scary! I'm so sorry for your grand nephew and the whole family, and pray for a speedy recovery. I'm sure he will be greatly cheered up by your adorable box and treats. It is SO cute! Loving the little rainbow box, too. You are so sweet to think of them both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful creations. A very scary time indeed - kids are always a worry. Glad they determined quickly what it was! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi great job.
    http://auratrends.co.uk/
    http://grabbit.com.pk/
    http://theleggingshop.se/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no. I am glad he is on the mend. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    I love those sweet projects. They will definitely bring them lots of happiness. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete